If you decide to use docPrint Document Converter, you should download it from http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/index.html#dl and install it onto your PC with Windows Operating System installed. You must find an executable file named “ _win.exe” in the destination installation directory and a shortcut linked to the file in the “All Programs” list of “Start” menu of your Windows system. Run the program “ _win.exe” and you will see a GUI window titled “Document Converter (docPrint Pro) v5.0”as presented in the following snapshot.
The following words are descriptions of the GUI.
1. The following picture is the “File” menu where
“Add URL” is for adding a url (http/https web address) to convert,
“Add Files…” is for adding a document of any supported formats to convert,
“Add Directory…” is for adding a directory in which all the documents of supported formats will be converted,
“Settings…” calls the setting dialog that will be described in the latter paragraphs,
“Monitor a Special Directory …” is to activate the automatic conversion function that will be described in the latter words, and
“Exit” is to exit the program.
2. The next snapshot is of the “Edit” menu:
“View Documents” calls the format-associated application to view the selected document in the file list,
“Delete Selected Items” deletes the selected items of documents that will not be converted,
“Delete All Items” removes all items in the file list,
“Move Up” and “Move Down” reorder the sequence of items in the file list for converting multiple documents to a single one.
3. The following snapshot is from the file list that displays the items of documents to convert.
The coming words will present a simple example of converting, which illustrates the basic functions of docPrint Document Converter.
These are the steps:
1. Follow the menu path “File –> Add URL” and continue to the popup dialog of “Add URL for HTML Conversion”. Input the URL to convert into the “Open” editable combo box as shown in the following snapshot.
2. Choose “File –> Add Files” to call the system file picker interface, explore to and select the documents to convert.
3. Use “File –> Add Directory” to call the system directory selector, explore to the directory containing the documents to convert.
The following snapshot of the docPrint Document Converter GUI shows that five items in the file list are added for conversion.
4. Select “File –> Settings” or press the “Setting” button in the GUI window to activate the setting dialog as presented in the following snapshot. In the “Base Setting” tab of the dialog, choose the target output format in the “Output format” dropdown list (pdf selected for converting). Check the “View after conversion” box if you want to view the conversion target documents using associated applications, or uncheck it for viewing the documents manually (suggest to uncheck for converting to more than one target document).
In the “Save Image Mode” tab as shown in the next snapshot, select the “Image Color Depth” and the “Image Resolution” in the dropdown lists (They are ignorable for converting to pdf).
In the tab of “Save PDF Mode”, the “Make PDF files mode” group box determines how to create the target pdf document: combine all documents into one single pdf file, create a target file for each source file (chosen for this case) or merge the documents in the same directory into one single pdf file. the “Save mode” group box provides three modes to save the conversion target documents (A customized output directory “D:\docPrint\convert.file\out” is specified for this case). “Destination” group box defines four policies for writing target converted documents. The last two tabs, “PDF Info” and “PDF Security” are for defining the document copyright and permissions. Press “OK” button after setting all the parameters and return to the main interface of docPrint Document Converter.
5. Press “Start” button in the main window and you will see a progress bar in the bottom as presented in the next snapshot.
The documents/url are converted into five pdf files as displayed in the following snapshot of Windows Explorer.
At last, it is a guide of an advanced function of docPrint Document Converter, automatic conversion. You can command docPrint Document Converter to convert your newly added documents of specified formats in specified directories, and save into specified formats and specified directories automatically. Below are the steps:
1. In the main window of docPrint Document Converter, choose “File –> Monitor a Special Directory” and continue to the “Monitor Folders” dialog as follow. You may also check/uncheck the boxes of “Delete original file(s) after conversion” and “Delete blank pages from TIFF files(s)” in the bottom of the dialog box to meet your specific demands.
2. Press “Add” button in the “Monitor Folders” dialog box and proceed to the “Setting” dialog as presented below.
3. In the “Setting” dialog, browse to the directory that is to be monitored via pressing the upper “Browse” button and explore to the directory that is for saving converted document with pressing the lower “Browse” button. All the documents of supported formats will be converted, however, you can specify a format to monitor with adding “wildcard character (*).extension” (*.doc for converting) to the end of the input path, and a target format with adding “wildcard character (*).extension” to the end of the output path (*.pdf for converting doc to pdf). Then press the “OK” button and come to the “Monitor Folders” dialog.
4. In the “Monitor Folders” dialog box, press the “OK” button and then docPrint Document Converter automatically converts the documents of specified formats in specified directory and saves the converted documents in specified formats and directory.
For more information about docPrint Document Converter, please go to http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/index.html.