I could understand you about this situation, because sometimes, we just want to get one of pages of pdf file, not all of them, and also want it more suitable for our flavor. I recommend you to try http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/pdf2image.exe. You could download it by clicking this link. Also you could visit its main webpage that is related to verypdf.com: http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm#dl, where you could get more information on this converter. I just only like the transformer page among the pages of my pdf file, so I could show you how to convert the 4th in v2.1.v2.1. Here is the download link:
1. Add your pdf file prepared for its convertingin PDF To Image Converter v2.1:
click “Add” button--->choose your pdf file in the window--->click “open” button, thus your pdf could be shown as a route in the process form. Click it in the form, then your pdf file could be previewed in PDF To Image Converter v2.1, and you could use the tool buttons of toolbar in the preview panel to review it.
You could use “Remove” and “Remove all” buttons to delete single route or several routes together at a time.
2. Please give your converting a direction: assign a target format and destination folder for your bmp. Select BMP in the edit-box of “File type”, which is your objective format in this process from pdf to bmp, then click “Browse” button to search a folder in that pop window, press down “ok” then, which is your destination folder.
3. By now, you may ask how to get the 4th page converted only, do not hesitate to read the following sentences: please recognize the number of page count, yes, it is 8 in my pdf file, and according to it, we need to move our eyes onto “Page range”, click the check-box of its, then you could notice the edit-boxes of “From” and “To” pop out, which is used for setting the range of pages to be converted in PDF To Image Converter v2.1. So please input 4 for each edit-box here, this is for getting your 4th page only.
4. Then this time, your question will be that but how to get a clear bmp in PDF To Image Converter v2.1, here is the method: please keep a watchful eye on the functional field of “DPI”. What is DPI?
DPI means dots per inch, which is used as resolution of raster images usually in some environment,The term resolution is often used for a pixel count in digital imaging. The same image might appear at different pixel resolutions, if the pixels were poorly rendered as sharp squares (normally, a smooth image reconstruction from pixels would be preferred, but for illustration of pixels, the sharp squares make the point better).
DPI is also related to output, such as scanners and printers, which we could use for our daily work. DPI is used to describe the resolution number of dots per inch in a digital print and the printing resolution of a hard copy print dot gain. Also DPI could represent the increase in the size of the halftone dots during printing. This is caused by the spreading of ink on the surface of the media. Up to a point, higher DPI produce more clear raster image with bigger size and dimension, also printers with higher DPI produce clearer and more detailed output.
So here we need to click the edit-box of DPI, and input a larger number there in each DPI edit-box, input 300 for example.
5. Click “Convert” button to process this task. Then shut down your PDF To Image Converter v2.1.
Below is the bmp image produced in this converting.