VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line allows you to add various kinds of watermarks on PDF files before you print these PDF files on printer devices. You can add watermarks in different sizes, different type, and different colors on wherever you like on pages of PDF files. Moreover, if there is no Adobe Acrobat or free Acrobat Reader software installed in your computer, you can still add a watermark andvia . Watermark can help you protect the PDF file in an effective way.
This article would like to simply introduce how to add a watermark when you, and shed light on the important command -wtext <string>, which is for adding watermark on printed document. Three steps are required:
Firstly, open the command prompt window. Whenever you want to print PDF via a, you should open the command prompt window at the first step. Four steps should be taken to open the command prompt window: click “Start” in the left down corner of the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. You can also refer to the four steps marked in the picture below and open the command prompt window:
Secondly, type ain the command prompt window, according to the pattern below:
pdfprint.exe -wtext <string> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. Usually, you should type the full directory of the executable file istead of the bare name of it in the command prompt window.
- -wtext <string> is the command that should be contained in the command line. It is for adding watermarks on PDF files. The angle brackets <> mark the essential content. string stands for character string. Hence the character string, which is what you are going to print on your PDF file, must appear in the command line.
- <PDF Files> refers to the selected PDF file, on which you want to add a watermark. In the command prompt window, we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the selected PDF file.
To make it clearer, please allow me to take the following command line as an example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -wtext watermark D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file which is placed in the folder called pdfprint_cmd on disk D. You can replace it with the exact directory of the executable file in your computer.
- -wtext watermark indicates that the text watermark should be added on the PDF file as a watermark.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. Again, it can also be replaced by the directory of the selected PDF file on your own computer.
Thirdly, you should press “Enter” on the keyboard. You can get the file printed on the printer device in one second. And this file will be add a watermark on each page. The following is the comparison between the original PDF file and the file added a watermark.
The original PDF file The output PDF file
As you can see, the default color of watermarks is black. If you like to change the color, size, opacity, etc. of a watermark, please read more article at the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/wordpress/ . To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html . The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. To get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html .