When you want to set multiple copies of a PDF file, there are two methods to print the PDF file. You can print the whole PDF file one by one, or print each page one by one. For example, if you want to print a PDF file with 5 pages for double times, you can either print it in the order: 12345,12345; or print it in the order: 11,22,33,44,55. The former order is called collate printing, and the later order is a default order a common printer will print in.
This article would like to introduce the way to collate http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html . The command we are going to use is -collate <int>, which can specify whether collation should be used. Int stands for integer and the angle brackets mark essential contents. After you install VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please do as follows:via a . The software program we are going to use is VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, which you can free download from:
First, to open the command prompt, you should click “Start” in the left down corner on the computer screen;> click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box;> enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt.
The picture below illustrates these four steps to open the command prompt may be helpful.
Second, type ain the following pattern:
pdfprint.exe –copies <int> -collate <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. However, we seldom directly type the bare name of the executable file in the command prompt window. Instead, we enter the directory of the executable file.
- –copies <int> can order the printer to for multiple times. The number indicates the amount of the copies. The angle brackets mark essential contents.
- -collate <int> specifies whether collation should be used when printing. Two parameter values are allowed: 0 means disable, and 1 means enable. If the command is –collate 0, the printer is supposed to print PDF in such an order like: 111,222,333; if the command is –collate 1, the printer will print in such an order like 123,123,123.Because you want to collate print PDF, you should use the command –collate 1.
- <PDF Files> stands for the selected PDF file. But we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the PDF file in the command prompt window.
To be clear, you can take a look at the following example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe –copies 2 -collate 1 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D. you can replace it with the directory of the executable file in your computer.
- –copies 2 indicates that the PDF file should be printed twice.
- -collate 1 stands for collate printing PDF.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. It can also be replaced with the directory of the PDF file you want to print on your own computer.
The last step is to hit the “Enter” key to send information to the accessible printer to start printing.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html