Paper is wonderful. It is comforting to the touch. It is portable. It is easy to read and browse. You can read through pages back and back again. But the paper files are hard to restore if you discard it. Say if you discard one document as you thought it was useless for you then and it took up too much space,when you need it, the likelihood that one might come into possession of a discarded paper document is extremely low. Then along comes electronic files. When an electronic file is deleted, it is actually still there. The elements that make up a document still exist. All that happened is the name of the document is removed from the filing index to another place. If you want to recover it, it is quite easy. Meanwhile the electronic files will not take up too much space. You can store a library book in a disk.
Say you collect a lot of paper files and they are full of your room so that you have little space to work. You can make the paper files to electronic ones then store the paper files to some other place which has large room to restore the document,then you can also use them for searching. I introduce a way to make paper files to electronic files. That is taking pictures for each file then filing them to separate PDF file folders. It is will be quite easy for searching and storing. Please see the detail operations.
- Downloading a software here: http://www.verypdf.com/tif2pdf/tif2pdf.htm#dl It is Image2PDF which can directly convert dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PSD, WMF, EMF, PCX, PIC and so on, into PDF format. Image2PDF can automatically clear and skew-correct B/W images by employing special techniques to insure high quality output after conversion.
- Taking pictures for all your paper files then upload them to your PC. You’d better store each file pictures in each folder then you will not mix the pile pictures.
- Add the document pictures to Image2PDF. I will take some of the pages for example. If you scan all your document files, you can directly add files from the scanner.Click “File” then go to “Select Source” to add the files from scanner.
- Click “File” then go to “Set scanner options”. By this option, you can set the options for compressing the scanned images. Say you can compress the scanned images for “Best display quality” or “small file size” and “Good display quality and small file size. You can also set it by yourself at “Advanced” option. Please click to finish the setting.
- If you want to set the restrictive conditions for your PDF file, please do it by clicking “Setting” button. Say you can add password for your documents and add bookmark for them.Set it here as you required for you PDF file documents.
- If you have finished the setting, please end the converting by clicking “Make PDF”button. Then you will get newly produced PDF files.