VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is a remarkable PDF Printer driver, which can help you print existing PDF files on any printer device that is accessible through the Windows operating system. You can also use it to drive virtual printers like docPrint and docPrint PDF Driverto save the result PDF papers. VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line allows users to fit width or to adjust the width of the page to the paper and via .
When you need to fit width andby the means of , the following commands: -scalex 0 -scaley <int>could be the must-use command included in the .
This article aims to show how to fit width andvia command line:
1. First you need four steps to run the command prompt: click “Start” in the left down corner of the screen; > click “Run”; > enter “cmd” (without square brackets) in the “Run” dialog ; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the command prompt.
2. To fit width and print PDF via command line, you should enter a command line in the following pattern:
pdfprint.exe -scalex 0 -scaley <int> <PDF Files>
pdfprint.exe represents the executable file; -scalex 0 will automatically scale the height of PDF page to fit the printer's paper size ; and -scaley <int> stands for Y axis scale factors. The command -scalex 0 is what you need to fit PDF page width. <PDF Files>represents the PDF file you want to scale and print.
To make it clearer, I would like to take the command line below as an example to explain how to fit width and print PDF via command line in detail:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -scalex 0 –scaley -1 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe ----the path leading to the executable file placed in the folder “pdfprint_cmd” on disk D.
- -scalex 0 ----can automatically scale the width of PDF page to fit the printer's paper size. This is the essential command you need to use to fit or adjust the width of the PDF page to the paper.
- –scaley 100 ----will not change the width of the height of the page. Moreover, the change of the parameter after –scaley won’t affect the width of the PDF page. In addition, there is another number -1, which can keep the minimum constant scaling in both paper width and height.
- D:\top.pdf indicates that the selected PDF file is placed in the root folder “D:\”. Of course, if your PDF file is placed in another place and has another name, you can enter its whole directory instead of D:\top.pdf
3. The last step is simple; you can just hit the key “Enter” on your keyboard. As soon as possible the printer device will begin to print PDF file. If you want to download the free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, or buy it, please visit: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html . If you want to learn more about paper definition for VeryPDF, please check on its website.