Well, when you print multiple copies of a PDF file, you can use a command to save print spooling data to a disk file, instead of sending the data to the printer every time you print out a copy. In this way, you can save a lot of time. This article would like to shed light on the command -printtofile <string>, and introduce a method enhance the efficiency when youvia command.
1. Run the command prompt
Four steps can be taken to run the command prompt: click “Start” in the left down corner of the desktop;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt. The picture below illustrates the steps to open the command prompt:
2. Type a
Theyou are going to enter in the prompt command should be in the pattern below:
pdfprint.exe -printtofile <string> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe is the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line. However, we seldom type the bare name of the executable file in the command prompt. Instead, we enter the whole directory of the executable file in the command prompt.
- -printtofile <string> is the command to save print spooling data to a disk file. In another word, if you want to to file via a , you are going to need this command. <string> means character string and the angle brackets mark essential content.
- <PDF Files> represents the selected PDF file. In the command prompt, we always enter the directory of the selected PDF file instead of the bare name of the PDF file we want to print.
Taking the following command line as an example,
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -printtofile C:\out.xps D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder called pdfprint_cmd on disk D. Of course, it can be replaced by the directory of the executable file in your computer.
- -printtofile C:\out.xps means to to a file in XPS format. The file is called “out”, and it is placed in the root folder “D:\”
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. Again, it can also be replaced by the directory of the selected PDF file on your own computer.
3. Press “Enter”
Press “Enter” on the keyboard, and the computer will send message to the accessible printer device without delay.The following is the file in XPS format.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html