VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line supports a wide range of resolution, including horizontal resolution as well as vertical resolution. You can easily and quicklyusing low resolution via . The following two commands are useful when you need to set low resolution and : -xres <int> and -yres <int>.
This article aims to introduce a way tousing low resolution via . Normally, three steps are required: To run the command prompt window, type the command line and hit “Enter”.
1. Regarding the first step, to run the command line requires four steps. You should:
- click “Start” in the left down corner on the computer screen;
- click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box;
- enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box;
- press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window.
The picture below illustrates how to open the command prompt window:
2. The command line you are going to type in the command prompt window should be in the following pattern:
pdfprint.exe –xres <int> –yres <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line.
- –xres <int> is the command you use to set the horizontal resolution.
- –yres <int> is the command you use to set the vertical resolution.
- -xres stands for x-resolution or horizontal resolution, and -yres refers to y-resolution or vertical resolution. The angle brackets < > are used to mark essential content. int stands for integer. There are four special parameter values which have special meaning:
- -4 : high
- -3 : medium
- -2 : low
- -1 : draft
- Besides, you can enter a number to indicate DPI, which is used to describe the resolution number of dots per inch in a digital print and the printing resolution of a hard copy print dot gain; the increase in the size of the halftone dots during printing.
- number: the number of dots per inch (DPI) and is therefore device dependent.
Taking the following command line as an example to make it easier for you to understand:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe –xres –2 –yres -2 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D. It can be replaced with the directory of the executable file in your computer.
- –xres -2 indicates low horizontal resolution.
- -yres -2 specifies low vertical resolution.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. It can also be replaced with the directory of the PDF file you want to print on your own computer.
3. The last step is to hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard. The accessible printer device will print PDF using low resolution as soon as possible.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html