VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is a useful printer driver which can be used tofile in any printer device that is accessible via a . It is an independent software application, so you can use it to files without installing any Adobe product.
If you want to scale and print PDF pages by the means of, you will need to use the following two necessary commands: -scalex <int> and -scalex <string>.The pair of angle brackes <> mark a necessary option; int stands for an integer, and string presents character string which should be marked by qutoes “”
The following focuses on how to scale and print PDF pages via PDFPrint command line:
1. You should begin with opening the command prompt:
Here are the four steps you may need to open the command prompt: move the mouse left down and click “Start” on the desktop; > click “Run” on the menu that appears; > enter “cmd” (without square brackets) in the “Run” dialog box that pops out; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and the command prompt will appear on the computer screen right away.
2. Type a command line in the following form:
pdfprint.exe -scalex <int> -scaley <int> <PDF Files>
pdfprint.exe represents the executable file; -scalex <int> stands for X axis scale factors, and -scaley <int> refers to Y axis scale factors. You can use the two commands topage width and height respectively<PDF Files>represents the PDF file you want to scale and print.
For instance, here I enter a command as below in the prompt:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -scalex 0 –scaley 0 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the path directs to the executable file placed in the folder “pdfprint_cmd” on disk D.
- -scalex 0 is used to scale the width of PDF page to fit the printer's paper size.
- –scaley 0 is employed to scale the height of PDF page to fit the printer's paper size. As a matter of fact, there are two more numbers other than 0 having special meaning when you pages. 100: do not scale PDF pages; -1: keep the minimum constant scaling in both paper width and height.
- D:\top.pdf indicates that the selected PDF file is placed in the root folder “D:\”.
3. Press the “Enter” key and the computer will scale the PDF page as you set, and then drive the accessible printer device to print PDF file.
The following images illustrate the printing results of PDF file in different scale PDF parameters:
The original PDF file:
The result of -scalex 0 –scaley 0
The result of -scalex -1 –scaley -1
The result of -scalex 50 –scaley 50
The result of -scalex 200 –scaley 200
A paper definition for VeryPDF products is available at this website.You can refer to the list if it is necessary. To download the free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, or buy it, please visit: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html .