When you use VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line to add a watermark to a PDF file, you may need to adjust the watermark inclination angle for the sake of beauty and tidy. If you want to set the watermark inclination angle andvia , the following two commands may be useful: -wtext <string>, for adding watermark and -wa <int> for setting the angle of watermark.
This article will take three steps to show you how to set the watermark inclination angle andvia .
Step 1: Open the command prompt window
To make it easy to understand, the four steps to open the command prompt window are illustrated in the figure below. These steps are: click “Start” > “Run” > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” in the “Run” dialog box. The black and white command prompt window will appear on the computer screen immediately. The image below also illustrates the steps to open the command prompt window.
Step 2: Enter a command line
The following is the pattern of the command line, but not the exact command line you are going to enter in the command prompt widow. It tells you that the command line should refer to four factors: the executable file, the two commands mentioned above and the input PDF file.
pdfprint.exe -wtext <string> -wa <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line.
- -wtext <string> is the command for adding a watermark to a PDF file. The angle brackets <> are always used to mark essential contents and string refers to character string and it means that the text for watermark should be enclosed by a pair of quotes “”.
- -wa <int> is the command used to set the watermark inclination angle. Int stands for integer.
- <PDF Files> represents the input PDF file you have selected.
To make it clearer, a command line is illustrated below. Please pay attention to the first and last part of the command line as follows. In the command line you are going to enter in the prompt window, the bare name of the executable file and the bare name of the input PDF file are replaced by the whole directory of the executable file and the directory of the input PDF file respectively. This is because the computer cannot recognize the files if the directories of them are not listed.
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -wtext "water" –wa 30 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file pdfprint.exe is placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D.
- -wtext "water" is the command you use to add the text water to the PDF file. You can also use quotes to mark other contents like Hello and verypdf to the files when you print PDF files.
- -wa 30 is the command used to set the watermark inclination angle. The number 30 specifies 30 degree as the watermark inclination angle.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the input PDF file, which is stored in the root folder of disk D. You can replace it with the directory of the PDF file you want to print in your computer.
Step 3: Press the “Enter” key
After you press “Enter” on the keyboard, the accessible printer will receive a message from the computer and begins to print PDF with watermark on each page in a fast way. The following images show the watermarks of different angles.
The watermark at an angle of 30 degree
The watermark at an angle of 50degree
The watermark at an angle of 90 degree
The watermark at an angle of 180 degree
If you want to free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html