Resolution is often used for a pixel count in digital imaging. vertical resolution is the number of rows, dots or lines from top to bottom. When you use VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line to set vertical resolution andvia a , you need to use the following command: -yres <int>, which can specify the printer y-resolution.
The following focuses on how to set vertical resolution andvia a .
The first step tovia a is to run the command prompt window. You should click “Start” in the left down corner on the computer screen;>click “Run” to open the “Run” dialog box; > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box and open the black and white command prompt window. The picture below shows the four steps to open the command prompt window:
The second step to set vertical resolution and print PDF is to type a command line in the following pattern:
pdfprint.exe –yres <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line .
- –yres <int> is the command you use to set the vertical resolution. The angle brackets are always used to mark essential parameters. int stands for integer, which means that the parameter following the command –yres should be integral. There are four special parameters which have special meaning. Besides, you can enter a number to indicate DPI:
- -4 : high
- -3 : medium
- -2 : low
- -1 : draft
- number: the number of dots per inch (DPI) and is therefore device dependent. DPI is used to describe the resolution number of dots per inch in a digital print and the printing resolution of a hard copy print dot gain; the increase in the size of the halftone dots during printing. For example, -yres 4000 means that the printer will print 400o dots per inch from up to down on a piece of paper.
- <PDF Files> stands for the selected PDF file.
To make it clearer, let’s take the following command line as an example:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -yres 4000 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D. If you place the folder containing the executable file in a different path, you should replace the example directory by the new directory.
- -yres 4000 will order the printer device to print 4000 dots per inch from top to bottom.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the selected PDF file. You can replace it by the directory of the PDF file you want to print on your own computer.
The last step is to press the “Enter” key and the accessible printer device will begin to print in a high vertical resolution.
To free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html The free version of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is available here. to get help with commands and parameters, please visit http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/pdf-print-cmd.html