The aim for you to add a watermark to a PDF file is to protect the PDF file, but never preventing the readers from reading this PDF file. So, you may need to set watermark opacity before you. VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line has been designed to Print PDF on accessible printer device. It can help you easily set watermark opacity and via . The following two commands must be put in the : -wtext <string>, which is used to add watermark and -wo <int>, which is used to set watermark opacity.
The following will show you how to set watermark opacity and print PDF viain detail:
Step 1: Open the command prompt window
Four steps can simply help you open the command prompt window: click “Start” > “Run” > enter cmd in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” in the “Run” dialog box. The black and white command prompt window will appear on the computer screen immediately. The image below also illustrates the steps to open the command prompt window.
Step 2: Enter a command line
You should enter a command line according to the following pattern, which consists of four parts.
pdfprint.exe -wtext <string> -wo <int> <PDF Files>
- pdfprint.exe represents the executable file of VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line.
- -wtext <string> is the command for adding a watermark to a PDF file. The angle brackets <> are always used to mark essential contents and string refers to character string and it means that the text for watermark should be enclosed by a pair of quotes “”.
- -wo <int> is the command used to set the opacity of watermark, from 0 to 100. Int stands for integer.
- <PDF Files> represents the input PDF file you have selected.
Thought the pattern above can simply present what should be contained in a command line, you should notice that people seldom enter the bare name of the executable file and the bare name of the input PDF file in the command line. In fact, you should type the whole directory of the executable file as well as the directory of the input PDF file in the command prompt window. Otherwise, the computer cannot recognize the files. To make it clearer, let’s look at the following command:
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -wtext "water" –wo 50 D:\top.pdf
- D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe is the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file pdfprint.exe is placed in the folder pdfprint_cmd on disk D.
- -wtext "water" is the command you use to add the text water to the PDF file. You can also use quotes to mark other contents like Hello and verypdf to the files when you print PDF files.
- -wo 50 is the command used to set the opacity of watermark, from 0 to 100. The number 50 specifies 50 % as the watermark opacity. The bigger the number, the more the opacity of the watermark.
- D:\top.pdf is the directory of the input PDF file, which is stored in the root folder of disk D. You can replace it with the directory of the PDF file you want to print in your computer.
Step 3: Press the “Enter” key
After you press “Enter” on the keyboard, the accessible printer will receive a message from the computer and begins to print PDF . If you want to free download VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line, please visit the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/pdfprint/index.html