The following illustrates the sizes of A series papers. VeryPDF PDFPrint Command Line is a powerful PDF software application which allows users to specify paper size by means of, including to print A3 PDF to A4 paper.
The article will focus on how to print A3 PDF to A4 paper via a. And the necessary command we will use is -paper <string> or -paper <int>. You can print A3 PDF to A4 paper as following.
You can runin four steps: move your mouse to the left down corner on the desktop, and click “Start”; > click “Run” on the menu; > type “cmd”(without square brackets) in the edit box in the “Run” dialog box; > press “OK” to close the “Run” dialog box.
The black and white command prompt window will pop out on the screen.
2. Type ain one of the following three modes in the command prompt:
pdfprint.exe –paper 9 <PDF Files>
pdfprint.exe –paper “297 x 210 mm” <PDF Files>
pdfprint.exe –paper “11.7 x 8.3 in” <PDF Files>
9 is the number stands for A4 paper size; “297 x 210 mm” (with quotes) represents the A4 paper size in centimeters, and “11.7 x 8.3 in”(with quotes) is the A4 paper size in feet. For more information, you should refer to the paper definition list at the following website: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/document-converter/index.htm
For instance, if you have placed the executable file “pdfprint.exe” in the path “D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe”, and the PDF file you want to print in the root folder “D:\”, you can type a command line below,
D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe -paper 9 D:\top.pdf
- “D:\pdfprint_cmd\pdfprint.exe” is the directory for the executable file “pdfprint.exe”;
- -paper 9 is the command for setting the paper size. The number 9 can also be replaced by “297 x 210 mm” or “11.7 x 8.3 in”;
- D:\top.pdf is the path where the selected PDF named “top.pdf” can be found.
3. Press the “Enter” key. The computer will drive the accessible printer to print your PDF file instantly.