This function applies for adding separated pages of your Advanced PDF Tools Command Line is proficient in adding pdf pages. Now the rest part of this article is going to tell you how to add pdf pages to a using Advanced PDF Tools Command Line.s into one your desired file so as to save more space and get more consummate file. This is not an easy task for you, don’t worry,
This article will add pages specified by page range (/1, 2-4, 9) of pdf1.pdf into test.pdf as example to illustrate.
Step 1 click the following link to download Advanced PDF Tools
please unpack it when download is finished.
Step 2 launch the MS-DOS command prompt window. Because theis bound to be operated under the MS-DOS environment. The procedure is easy, and the following pictures will guide you.
1) click “start” and then go to “Run”
2) input cmd into the following
3) press “ok”, you will find MS-DOS command prompt window popping up
Step 3 inputto add pdf pages to a
it goes below
pdftools.exe -i “C:\input.pdf” -o “C:\output.pdf” “-*” “2|0|d:\pdf1.pdf/1,2-4,9
- the option -i is to specify a pdf filename or a directory for input,
- the option -o is to specify the pdf file name for output,
- “-*” “2|0|d:\pdf1.pdf/1,2-4,9 :”-*” is to add pdf pages, 2 means source file’s page number, 0 means before.
so the command line can be paraphrased as insert pages specified by page range (/1,2-4,9) of d:\pdf1.pdf and into C:\input.pdf before second page.
when the input is done, press “enter” key, you will see
Step 4 open the file to check the effect if the new pages have been added, screenshots again
Picture 1 shows the file before editing while Picture 2 shows after editing. Through the contrast, you are allowed to find the total 5 pages have been added into the file, the new pages are indicated by circle, below are zoomed ones.