This article would like to introduce one of the quickest ways to solve your problem. This method will take only four steps toand convert WMF to PDF. You don’t need to convert WMF to PDF first, and then take another step to append the new PDF pages to the existing PDF file. Neither do you need to open the WMF file, nor open the PDF file. If you are interested in this method, please keep on reading and try this method yourself.
Step 1: Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download this application. This application can help you convert WMF to PDF, PS (Postscript), TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA, JP2, PNM, etc. It also can be called from within ASP, VB, VC, Delphi, BCB, Java, .NET and COM+ etc. program languages. Moreover, it supports batch conversion; hence, you can use it to deal with a large amount of files. If you want to buy the full version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase.
Step 2: Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the computer screen;
- Click “Run” on the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in it.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
Step 3: Type a
Theyou are going to type in the command prompt window should consist of four items as follows:
- the directory of the executable file of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line: htmltools
- the command which can be used to insert PDF pages: -append <int>
- the directory of the input file: WMF file
- the directory of the output file: PDF file
Considering the command -append <int>, int stands for integer. The angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. Four parameter values are permitted: 0, 1, 2 and 3. If you want to, you should use -append 2.
- -append 0 can be used to overwrite an existing PDF file;
- -append 1 can be used to insert PDF pages before the first page of the existing PDF file;
- -append 2 can be used to to the end of the existing PDF file;
- -append 3 can be used to rename the filename, avoiding the duplication of name.
For instance, the command line below can be used to append PDF pages to the last page of the existing PDF file. You can substitute the directories of the files in your computer for the directories in this example.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -append 2 C:\in\2.wmf D:\out\lo.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ---- the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file htmltools.exe is located in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -append 2---- the command can be used to append PDF pages to the last page of the existing PDF file.
- C:\in\2. wmf ---- the directory of the input file, which represents the file named 2. wmf in the folder named in on disk C.
- D:\out\lo.pdf ---- the directory of output files, which is placed in the folder out on disk D.
Step 4: Press “Enter”
Press the key “Enter” to let our computer convert the WMF to PDF and append PDF pages to the existing PDF file. When you see “result=OK” displayed in the command prompt window, that means it has converted the WMF to PDF and appended PDF pages to the existing PDF file. If you are interested in other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.