If you use a normal document converter to insert PDF pages and convert EMF to PDF, you will need to take multiple steps to get the result file. However, by means of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can take only three steps to solve the problem. If you want to download this application, please click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line. After you install this document converter, please follow the instruction below to try to insert PDF pages and convert EMF to PDF.
Step 1: Run the command prompt window
To run the command prompt window, you should click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the computer screen; > click “Run” on the menu; > When the “Run” dialog box appears, you should enter “cmd” in it. > Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
Step 2: Type a
Theshould include the following four items: the directory of the executable file, the command which can be used to insert PDF pages, the directory of the input file and the directory of the output file. The following pattern may be able to illustrate those items more clearly.
htmltools -append <int> <EMF file> <PDF file>
- htmltools is the executable file of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
- -append <int> is the command that can be used to insert PDF pages. The angle brackets enclose essential contents. int refers to integer.
- If you want to overwrite an existing PDF file, please type -append 0;
- If you prefer to insert the PDF pages which are converted from the EMF file before the first page of the existing PDF file, please enter -append 1;
- If you would like to add the PDF pages converted from the EMF file to the end of the existing PDF file, please type -append 2;
- If you want to rename the filename to avoid the duplication of name, please enter -append 3.
- EMF file is the input file.
- PDF file is the output file.
The following command line is a good example, which consists of the four items mentioned above, and includes the directories of the files. This command line can be used to convert the image file called lo from EMF to PDF, and insert it before the first page of the PDF file. The directories in this example can be substitute by the directories of the files in your computer.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -append 1 C:\in\lo.emf D:\out\lo.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ---- the directory of the executable file. It represents the executable file htmltools.exe located in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -append 1---- the command that can be used to insert the PDF pages. To be more specific, this command can help you insert the original file before the first page of the PDF file.
- C:\in\lo.emf ---- the directory of the input file in the format EMF.
- D:\out\lo.pdf ---- the directory of output files. If there is a PDF file called lo in the folder out on disk D, the computer will insert the input file before the first page of the PDF file. If there is no such a PDF file, this will be the new created output file.
Step 34: Press “Enter”
Press the key “Enter”. Your computer will begin to insert PDF pages and convert EMF to PDF without delay. When you see “result=OK” in the command prompt, it means that the computer has converted EMF to PDF. If you want to view the result PDF file, you can add the command –view before the directory of the input file as illustrated by the following command line pattern.
htmltools -append <int> -view <EMF file> <PDF file>
In order to buy the full version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase. To get more information about other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.