Multiple document converters available on the internet can help you insert PDF pages and convert. However most of them require too many steps to get the result documents. If you want to convert your documents from in a quick and effective way, you are recommended to use VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, which supports and batch conversion, and only requires three steps to solve your problem.
If you are interested in VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please download it by clicking VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line. After you install this application in your computer, please follow the introduction below to insert PDF pages and convert by yourself.
Step 1: Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the computer screen;
- Click “Run” on the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in it.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
Step 2: Type a
To insert PDF pages and convert MHTML to PDF, theis supposed to consist of the following four items: the directory of the executable file, the command which can be used to insert PDF pages, the directory of the input file and the directory of the output file. The pattern below may illustrate those items in a clearer way.
htmltools -append <int> <HTM file> <PDF file>
- htmltools refers to the executable file of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
- -append <int> is the command that can be used to insert PDF pages. The angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. int stands for integer. You are allowed to choose one of the following numbers as the parameter value of the command: 0, 1, 2 and 3.
- -append 0 can be used to overwrite an existing PDF file;
- -append 1 can be used to insert the PDF pages converted from HTM before the first page of the existing PDF file;
- -append 2 can be used to add the PDF pages converted from HTM to the end of the existing PDF file;
- -append 3 can be used to rename the filename to avoid the duplication of name.
- MHTML file is the input file.
- PDF file is the output file.
Supposing I am going to insert the PDF pages which are converted from MHTML, to the first page of an existing PDF file, I will type a command line like the following one. This command line can be taken as a good example, for it includes the four items mentioned above, and uses the directories to represent the files. If you also want to insert PDF page to the first page of existing PDF file, you can replace the directories in this example with the directories of the files in your computer.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -append 1 C:\in\lo.mhtml D:\out\lo.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ---- the directory of the executable file. It represents the executable file htmltools.exe located in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -append 1---- the command can be used to insert PDF pages before the first page of the existing PDF file.
- C:\in\lo. mhtml ---- the directory of the input file named lo in the format MHTML.
- D:\out\lo.pdf ---- the directory of output files. If there is a PDF file called lo in the folder out on disk D, the computer will insert the input file before the first page of the PDF file. If there is no such a PDF file, this will be the new created output file.
Step 4: Press “Enter”
Press the key “Enter”. Then the computer will begins to insert PDF pages and convert MHTML to PDF. Meanwhile you can view the process of conversion in the command prompt window. When you see “result=OK” displayed in the command prompt window, that means one document has been converted from MHTML to PDF. Anyway, you can try the free version for 50 times, if you plan to buy the full version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase. To get more information about other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.