What is pcx?
Because the pcx is a rare format file, so first let me introduce it to you.
Pcx is a raster image format developed by ZSoft; became one of the original bitmap image formats for the DOS/Windows platform; supports 24-bit color images, 8-bit grayscale and indexed color images, and 1-bit black and white images; compressed using RLE encoding. Right now the PCX file format has mostly been replaced by newer image formats, but is still used by some fax and scanning applications. Multi-page PCX fax documents use the DCX extension.
We can use thePDF Driver to print documents of MS Office to pcx. Because of it can not only save the ink and paper, but also save the money and time. By the way, it is a virtual printer, which belong to this software—the Pro. It can easily print documents of MS Office to pcx. Maybe you haven’t heard this software before.
ThePro is short for the docPrint Converter Professional ,it can dynamically convert MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, WordPerfect, AutoCAD DWG, PostScript, Adobe Acrobat PDF and many other document types to Adobe Acrobat PDF, PostScript, EPS, XPS, PCL, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PCX, EMF, WMF, GIF, TGA, PIC, PCD and BMP etc formats. With docPrint Document Converter Professional you can convert your documents from and to 50+ formats easily.
Step 1 download and install
- Download the docPrint Pro through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_pro_setup.exe
- Unzip it when download is finished, for it is a zip file.
- Install it in your computer according to the prompt wizard windows
Step 2 print MS Office to pcx
Open a MS Office format file:
- Click “File”;
- Click “print”
- Choose the “docPrint PDF Driver” and click it
- Click “Print”
As the picture 1 showed you.
Step 3 choose and save
Wait for a while, a dialogue box “Save As” will popup
- Choose a suitable location for saving the target file in the “Save in” combo box.
- Edit the target file name in the “File name” edit box
- Select the file type “PCX” in the “Save as type” combo box
- Click “save”
As the picture 2 showed you.
Step4 compare the target and original file
- Open the target file and the original file
- Compare them
- You will find that we had printed documents of MS Office to pcx by using the docPrint PDF Driver.
Please pay attention to this article; I hope that you can totally master this function by yourself. If you have any questions, send emails or leave message to me, I will reply you as soon as possible. In addition, there is a basic version of the docPrint Pro. It has the same functions as the docPrint PDF Driver. The price is very low. You can download it through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_setup.exe , if you want to purchase it, click to http://www.verypdf.com/order_docprint.html. Thanks for your reading.