Pcx is a raster image format developed by ZSoft; became one of the original bitmap image formats for the DOS/Windows platform; supports 24-bit color images, 8-bit grayscale and indexed color images, and 1-bit black and white images; compressed using RLE encoding. Right now the PCX file format has mostly been replaced by newer image formats, but is still used by some fax and scanning applications. Multi-page PCX fax documents use the DCX extension.
ThePro is short for the Converter Professional, it can dynamically convert MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, WordPerfect, AutoCAD DWG, PostScript, Adobe Acrobat PDF and many other document types to Adobe Acrobat PDF, PostScript, EPS, XPS, PCL, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PCX, EMF, WMF, GIF, TGA, PIC, PCD and BMP etc formats. With Document Converter Professional you can convert your documents from and to 50+ formats easily. It has three applications, the GUI Version, the Command Line Version, the virtual printer.
During these applications, the docPrint PDF Driver can easily print documents of OpenOffice to pcx; we can accomplish it just by few clicks.
Step 1 download and install
- Download the docPrint Pro through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_pro_setup.exe
- Unzip it when download is finished, for it is a zip file.
- Install it in your computer according to the prompt wizard windows.
Step 2 print OpenOffice to pcx
Open an OpenOffice format file:
- Click “File”
- Click “print”
- A moment later a dialogue box “Print” will popup
- Choose the “docPrint PDF Driver” and click it
- Click “Print”
As the picture 1 showed you.
Step 3 choose and save
Wait for a while, a dialogue box “Save As” will popup
- Choose a suitable location for saving the target file in the “Save in” combo box.
- Edit the target file name in the “File name” edit box
- Select the file type “PCX” in the “Save as type” combo box
- Click “save”
As the picture 2 showed you.
Step4 compare the target and original file
- Open the target file and the original file
- Compare them
- You will find that we had printed documents of OpenOffice to pcx by using the docPrint PDF Driver.
- a little warm hint, the pcx format file opened by the IrfanView (in this article)
My suggestion is that you can experience by yourself. If you have any questions or advice, please send emails or leave message to me, I will reply you as soon as possible. In addition, there is a basic version of the docPrint Pro. It has the same functions as the docPrint PDF Driver. The price is very low. You can download it through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_setup.exe , if you want to purchase it, click to http://www.verypdf.com/order_docprint.html. Thanks for your reading.