Before we print documents of, I would like to firstly introduce the OpenOffice, the Pro.
What is OpenOffice?
OpenOffice.org, commonly known as OOo or Open Office, is an open source application suite whose main components are for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and databases. OpenOffice is available for a number of different computer operating systems, is distributed as free software and is written using its own GUI toolkit. It supports the ISO/IEC standard Open Document Format (ODF) for data interchange as its default file format, as well as Microsoft Office formats among others. As of June 2011, OpenOffice.org supports over 120 languages. As free software, users are free to download, modify, use and distribute OpenOffice.org.
What is thePro?
The docPrint Pro is short for the docPrint Converter Professional ,it can dynamically convert MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003/2007, WordPerfect, AutoCAD DWG, PostScript, Adobe Acrobat PDF and many other document types to Adobe Acrobat PDF, PostScript, EPS, XPS, PCL, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PCX, EMF, WMF, GIF, TGA, PIC, PCD and BMP etc formats. With docPrint Document Converter Professional you can convert your documents from and to 50+ formats easily.
It has three applications, the GUI Version, the Command Line Version, the virtual printer. Among these applications, we will use one of its applications the virtual printer-- the docPrint PDF Driver to print documents of. It will take no more than three seconds to print .
Step 1 download and install
- Download the docPrint Pro through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_pro_setup.exe
- Unzip it when download is finished, for it is a zip file.
- Install it in your computer according to the prompt wizard windows
Step 2 print OpenOffice to ps?
Open a OpenOffice format file:
- Click “File”
- Click “print”
- A moment later a dialogue box “Print” will popup
- Choose the “docPrint PDF Driver” and click it
- Click “Print”
As the picture 1 showed you.
Step 3 choose and save
Wait for a while, a dialogue box “Save As” will popup
- Choose a suitable location for saving the target file in the “Save in” combo box.
- Edit the target file name in the “File name” edit box
- Select the file type “PS” in the “Save as type” combo box
- Click “save”
As the picture 2 showed you.
Step4 compare the target and original file
- Open the target file and the original file
- Compare them
- You will find that we had printed documents of OpenOffice to ps by using the docPrint PDF Driver.
Hope you can gradually master this function.If you have any questions, send emails or leave message to me, I will reply you as soon as possible. In addition, there is a basic version of the docPrint Pro. It has the same functions as the docPrint PDF Driver. The price is very low. You can download it through this link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_setup.exe , if you want to purchase it, click to http://www.verypdf.com/order_docprint.html. Thanks for your reading.