GIF, or Graphics Interchange Format, is a graphics format that can be supported by the Web. GIF is a compressed image file format and can only support 256 colors. This helps greatly reduce their file size, and make it possible to be quickly transmitted over a network or the Internet. Moreover, GIF images can be put together for animated images. GIF files are great for small icons and animated images, but they lack the color range to be used for high-quality photos. WMF or Windows Metafile has been developed to be portable between applications and may contain both vector graphics and bitmap components.
HTML Converter Command Line can be used to convert multiple files, including conversion from WMF to GIF, PDF to PNG, etc. With the help of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can batch convert files, and also, encrypt the files, add watermark, etc. via a . VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can greatly enhance your work efficiency. The following is a comparison between an original WMF file and its result output file, which can illustrate how well VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line is able to solve the problem.
This article will take four steps to introduce how to use VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line toand batch convert WMF to GIF.
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Just click here to download this application, then you can try the free version for multiple times before you buy it. It will only take a few seconds to install it. After you install VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line in your computer, please proceed to step 2.
2. Run the command prompt window
To run the command prompt window is pretty simple: click “Start”; > click “Run” on the home menu that appears on the computer screen; > enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box, > click “OK”.
3. Enter a
The following pattern can show you what factors should be included in thefor rotating page and converting WMF to GIF
htmltools -rotate <int> <WMF file> <GIF file>
The four factors are:
- the executable file ---- htmltools
- the command ---- -rotate <int>, which can be used to through the angle of 90,180, or 270 degree.( int refers to integer and the angle brackets <> are often used to mark the essential content.)
- the input file ---- WMF file(s)
- the output file ---- GIF file(s).
The command line below is a good example which concludes the mentioned factors above. Some of you may wonder why all the files in the example are represented by directories rather than only the file names. This is because computer will fail to recognize the files if the directories do not appear to guide it to find these files.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe –rotate 90 C:\in\*.wmf D:\out\*.gif
In this example,
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe is the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file htmltools.exe is in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -rotate 90 is the command that can be used to rotate the page rclockwise through the angle of 90 degree. The number 90 can be substituted by 180 or 270.
- C:\in\*.wmf is the directory of the input files. The wildcard * represents all the input WMF files in the folder in on disk C.
- D:\out\*.gif is the directory of output files. The file extension indicates that the output format should be GIF. It indicates that all the output files should be export into the folder out on disk D.
All the directories in the example can be replaced with the directory of the executable file, input file and output file in your computer. The number which stands for the angle degree can also be changed, according to your priorities.
4. Hit “Enter”
After you hit the key “Enter”, the computer will start to batch convert WMF to GIF. You can get the information of the process of conversion in the command prompt window. You can view the effect of conversion from WMF to GIF and the page orientation very soon. If you want to get more information about usages of VeryPDF HTML Converter command line, please read related articles at the knowledge base of VeryPDF. If you are interested in other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.