PCX is a lossless raster image format developed by ZSoft. It supports 24-bit color images, 8-bit grayscale and indexed color images, and 1-bit black and white images. It was one of the original bitmap image formats for the DOS/Windows platform but now, it has been replaced by newer image formats like PNG and GIF. However, it is still used by some fax and scanning applications. WMF or Windows Metafile has been designed to be portable between applications.
VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Linecan help you when you convert WMF to PCX. Although VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line has been designed to convert a whole webpage to a page, avoiding splitting a long webpage to several pages or files. it is also a wonderful document converter which can convert WMF to PCX and other formats like JP2, PNG, PNM, and TIF. With the help of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can batch convert a large amount of WMF to PCX in an easy and fast way.
This article will introduce how toand convert WMF to PCX via .
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
You can start your 50-time free trial by clicking VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line. You can download and install this software application very quickly. If you want to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please follow the guide after you install this software application.
2. Run the command prompt window
After you install VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line in your computer, you can take four steps to run the command prompt window:
- Click “Start”;
- Click “Run” on the home menu that appears on the computer screen;
- Enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box;
- Click “OK”.
3. Enter a
I would like to share two tips with you to help you enter a commandline
3.1.TIP 1: four factors:
The command line should consist of four factors which are listed in the following pattern.
htmltools -rotate <int> <WMF file> <PCX file>
- the executable file ---- htmltools
- the command ---- -rotate <int>, which can be used to through the angle of 90,180, or 270 degree.( int refers to integer and the angle brackets <> are often used to mark the essential content.)
- the input file ---- WMF file(s)
- the output file ---- PCX file(s).
3.2.TIP 2: Use directories to represent files
When you enter a command line, please use directories rather than the bare file names to represent files. Please look at the following example, the directories but not the file names alone appear in the command line. This is because computer could not recognize the file names without the appearances of the directories.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe –rotate 90 C:\in\*.wmf D:\out\*.pcx
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe is the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file htmltools.exe is in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -rotate 90 is the command that can be used to rotate the page clockwise through the angle of 90 degree. The number 90 can be substituted by 180 or 270.
- C:\in\*.wmf is the directory of the input files. The wildcard * represents all the input WMF files in the folder in on disk C.
- D:\out\*.pcx is the directory of output files. In the example, PCX is specified as the output format. And the whole directory indicates that all the output files should be placed in the folder out on disk D.
3.3.Enter your command line
If you still don’t know how to enter a command line, you can replace the directories in the above example one by one with the directory of the executable file, the input file and the output file in your computer. You can also change angle degree 90 in the command line when it is necessary.
4. Hit “Enter”
After you hit “Enter”, the computer will directly start to convert WMF to PCX. You can view the process information in the command prompt window as illustrated below. It will only take a few seconds to convert each WMF to PCX. If you want to learn more about VeryPDF HTML Converter command line, please read related articles at the knowledge base of VeryPDF. If you are interested in the other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.