PNG, the abbreviation of Portable Network Graphic, is a format that has been developed to be an alternative to the GIF format. It was created in response to limitations with the GIF format, primarily to increase color support and to provide an image format without a patent license. PNG files are lossless. However, they do not support animations like GIFs do. PNG is commonly used to store graphics for Web. PNG allows the image colors to fade from opaque to transparent. WMF or Windows Metafile has been developed to be portable between applications and may contain both vector graphics and bitmap components.
By means of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can when converting WMF to PNG. It is the right solution to your problem, especially when you have a bunch of files to convert from WMF to PNG. You can also use it to set color depth for image conversion, add watermarks to files when you convert files. The following is a comparison between an input WMF file and its result, which can show how perfectly VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can handle the document conversion.
This article will focus on the way towhen converting WMF to PNG. Four steps would be enough.
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Click here to download this application, then you can try it for scores of times before you purchase for it. It will take several seconds to install it. After you install VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line in your computer, please proceed to the next step.
2. Run the command prompt window
Only four steps can help you quickly run the command prompt window: click “Start”; > click “Run” on the home menu that appears on the computer screen; > enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box, > click “OK”.
3. Enter a
What ashould be composed of? Look at the following pattern and you will find the command line must include four factors.
htmltools -rotate <int> <WMF file> <PNG file>
The four factors are:
- the executable file —- htmltools
- the command —- -rotate <int>, which can be used to rotate the page through the angle of 90,180, or 270 degree.( int refers to integer and the angle brackets <> are often used to mark the essential content.)
- the input file —- WMF file(s)
- the output file —- PNG file(s)
Since you have known that the command line should consist of the executable file, the command, the input file and the output file. You can enter a command line in the command prompt window now. But please pay attention that the directories rather than only the file names must appear in the command line. This is because the directories can help the computer recognize the files. If you still don’t know how to enter a command line, you can refer to the following command line, and replace the directories in the example with the directory of the files in your computer. You can also change 90 in the command line if it is necessary.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe –rotate 90 C:\in\*.wmf D:\out\*.png
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe is the directory of the executable file. It indicates that the executable file htmltools.exe is in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -rotate 90 is the command that can be used to rotate the page clockwise through the angle of 90 degree. The number 90 can be substituted by 180 or 270.
- C:\in\*.wmf is the directory of the input files. The wildcard * represents all the input WMF files in the folder in on disk C.
- D:\out\*.png is the directory of output files. In the example, PNG is specified as the output format. and the whole directory indicates that all the output files should be placed in the folder out on disk D.
4. Hit “Enter”
Hit the key “Enter”, the computer will start to convert WMF to PNG. You can view the process information in the command prompt window. It won’t take long to convert WMF to PNGIf you want to learn more usages of VeryPDF HTML Converter command line, please read related articles at the knowledge base of VeryPDF. If you are interested in the other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.