What are WMF and PS?
WMF or Windows Metafile is a graphics file format on Microsoft Windows systems. Windows Metafiles has been developed to be portable between applications and may contain both vector graphics and bitmap components. Nowadays, WMF files have been replaced by more standard formats like JPG and GIF, but it is still supported by various programs, including Microsoft's Windows Photo Viewer, which is included in Windows 7. On the other hand, PS or PostScript is a vector image file format, which can be used contain vector graphics, raster graphics, and text; can be printed directly by a PostScript printer without being opened in an application. PS can be opened by any printer utility that supports PostScript.
What is VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line?
VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line has been designed to convert webpage and other files like WMF and RTF to files in the formats like TIF, PS and BMP. People usually useto batch convert documents, because it is simple and effective. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can be used to convert a single document or a bundle of documents in the format WMF to PS files in a quick and accurate way.
The following will introduce the method to use VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line toand batch convert WMF to PS. Only four steps are required. You can start from downloading VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download this software application. It will only spend a few seconds to install it. After VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line is installed, please proceed to the next step.
2. Run the command prompt window
Usually, people would prefer the following method to run the command prompt window: click “Start”; > click “Run” on the home menu that appears on the computer screen; > enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box, > click “OK”.
3. Enter a
The following pattern may help you understand what factors should be included in a.
htmltools -rotate <int> <WMF file> <PS file>
As you can see, it is composed of four factors, int refers to integer and the angle brackets <> are often used to mark the essential content.
- the executable file ---- htmltools
- the command ---- -rotate <int>
- the input file ---- WMF file(s)
- the output file ---- PS file(s).
The example below is a command line which consists of the four factors. Moreover, if you are careful enough, you will find that all the files are represented by the directories rather than only the file names. This is because no computer can recognize file name in a command line if the directory is not provided.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -rotate 90 C:\in\*.wmf D:\out\*.ps
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ---- the directory of the executable file. The executable file htmltools.exe is always placed in the folder htmltools when the compressed file is decompressed. In the example, the executable file htmltools.exe is in the folder htmltools on disk D.
- -rotate 90 ---- the command that can be used to clockwise through an angle of 90 degree. The number 90 can be substituted by 180 or 270.
- C:\in\*.wmf ---- the directory of the input files. The wildcard * represents all the input WMF files in the folder in on disk C.
- D:\out\*.ps---- the directory of output files. The file extension indicates that the output format should be PS. It indicates that all the result files should be put in the folder out on disk D.
All the directories of the files in the example can be replaced, depending on the circumstances in your computer. Besides, the number which stands for the angle degree can also be changed, according to your priorities.
4. Hit “Enter”
Hit the key “Enter” and the computer will start to batch convert WMF to PS. During the process of conversion, you can view the conversion time on the command prompt window as illustrated below. It won’t take much time before you can view the effect of conversion from WMF to PS and the page orientation. If you want to get more information about how to convert WMF to other files, please read related articles at the knowledge base of VeryPDF. If you are interested in other products, please visit the home page of VeryPDF.