The term log file refers to: text saved by a computer operating system to record its activities, such as by the UNIX system log facility; output produced by a data logger. Based on this, this article is going to tell you how to specify log file for output message by using Advanced PDF Tools Command Line, that’s to say, output a pdf processing log.
Follow this link you will obtain Advanced PDF Tools
The whole package is just of 3.04 MB, making the download swiftly, do remember to extract it, for it is a zipped package.
You are bound to launch MS-DOS command prompt window. Because theis bound to be operated under the MS-DOS environment. The procedure is easy, and the following pictures will guide you.
1) click “start” and then go to “Run”
2) input cmd into the following
3) press “OK”, you will find MS-DOS command prompt window popping up
inputto output a PDF processing log
it goes below
pdftools.exe -i "C:\input.pdf" -r -l "C:\output.log"
- -i is to specify a pdf file name or a directory for input,
- -o is to specify the pdf file name for output,
- -r is to specify a name or a directory for input, and the option -o to specify the name for output,
- -l is to specify log file for output message.
when the input is done, press “enter” key, you will see
open the containing folder, you will find test.log file
click it to open, you will see output message of input
Using command line brings you fun of work and enjoys working efficiency.