First step—Downloading Advanced PDF Tools
Follow this link you will obtain Advanced PDF Tools
The whole package is just of 3.04 MB, making the download swiftly. Do remember to extract it, for it is a zipped package.
Second step—Configuring file “compress.ini“
This step is critical, for it contains the optimizing and compressing options list. Details are as follows:
1) open the Advanced PDF Tools folder and find file “compress.ini”
2) open the file “compress.ini” and find “removecomment=1”
- removecomment=1 refers to remove comments from the input,
- removecomment=0 to retain.
3) save the file “compress.ini”
Third step—Launching MS-DOS command prompt window
You are bound to launch MS-DOS command prompt window. Because the compress command line is bound to be operated under the MS-DOS environment. The procedure is easy, and the following pictures will guide you.
press “start”>choose “Run”>input “cmd”>press “ok”
when the following appears, you will have the MS-DOS command prompt window
input the compress command line toto reduce pdf size
it goes below
pdfcompress.exe -i C:\input.pdf -o C:\output.pdf
- the option -i is to input a PDF file,
- the option -o is to specify a destination file.
when the input is done, press “enter” key, you will finish the task toto reduce pdf size