A pdf user password is the password used to restrict the opening of a pdf. In Adobe Acrobat, the PDF user password is called the document open password. So, a user password is an open password.It only restricts the opening of a PDF file. The way to set a user password/open password of pdf using Advanced PDF Tools Command Line.is easy and quick. Below is detailed operation on how to set a user password/open password of pdf by
Step 1 click the following link to download Advanced PDF Tools
please unpack it when download is finished.
Step 2 launch the MS-DOS command prompt window. Because theis bound to be operated under the MS-DOS environment. The procedure is easy, and the following pictures will guide you.
1) click “start” and then go to “Run”
2) input cmd into the following
3) press “ok”, you will find MS-DOS command prompt window popping up
Step 3 input set a user passwordto
it goes below
pdftools.exe -i C:\*.pdf -o D:\*.pdf -S userpwd=xux -S keylen=2
- the option -i is to specify a pdf filename or a directory for input,
- the option -o is to specify the pdf file name for output,
- -S userpwd=xux to set a user password as xux
- -S keylen=2 refers to 128 bit AES encryption (Acrobat 7 or higher)
when the input is done, press “enter” key, you will see
Step 4 open the file to check if opening the file an open password is needed
If you have any questions on setting pdf passwords, please come into live support for help.