If you want to set PDF subject and convert HTM to PDF, VeryPDF HTML Converter is the right solution to your problem. Actually, VeryPDF HTML Converter provides two ways to set PDF subject and convert HTM to PDF: via command line and via GUI (graphical user interface).To some users, the GUI version of VeryPDF HTML Converter may be friendlier. However, to the others, the of VeryPDF HTML Converter turns out to be a time-saver. This article aims to show you how to take four steps to set PDF subject and convert HTM to PDF via command line. We should begin with installing VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
1. Download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line
- Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download the . Then please install it in your computer.
- Click Purchase to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, if you like.
2. Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the screen;
- Select “Run” from the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
3. Enter a command line
htmltools.exe -subject <string> <input file> <output file>
According the command line syntax above, the command line should be composed of four items. First, you should enter the directory of theof VeryPDF HTML Converter. Second, you should use –subject to define the PDF subject of the result file. The value can be a string. For example, if you want to define the PDF subject as “ ”, you should enter –subject “ ”. Third, enter the directory of the input file and the directory of the output file. Fourth, the angle brackets are used to enclose essential contents. string refers to character string, which should be marked by quotation marks “” when appears in a command line. For example, the following command line can be used to set “ ” as the PDF subject and convert HTM to PDF.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -subject "set pdf subject" D:\in.htm C:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ----can be used to call the command line application located in the folder called htmltools on disk D.
- -subject "set pdf subject" ---- can be used to define "set pdf subject" (without quotation marks) as the PDF subject.
- D:\in.htm ---- the directory of the input file. It represents the HTM file named in on disk D.
- C:\out.pdf ---- specifies PDF as the output format, out as the filename and disk C as the location to store the PDF file.
4. Press “Enter”
Press the “Enter” key. And the computer will prompt to convert HTM to PDF. Meanwhile, you can view the conversion information in the command prompt window such as the conversion time. Once you see “result =OK” displayed in the command prompt window, you can check the PDF subject of the PDF file.