As you convert RTF to PDF, some of you may need to set PDF subject. If you don’t have any Adobe product installed in your computer, you can free download VeryPDF HTML Converter to solve the problem. There are two versions: the GUI version and the version. If you want to save more time, and take only three steps to set PDF subject and convert RTF to PDF, you should choose the version or just click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command line to download it, and install it in your computer. You can use it free for 50 times. This article would like to show you how to take three steps to set PDF subject and convert RTF to PDF via command line.
1. Run the command prompt window
- Click “Start” in the lower-left corner of the screen;
- Select “Run” from the menu to open the “Run” dialog box;
- Enter “cmd” in the “Run” dialog box.
- Click “OK” to run the command prompt window.
2. Type a command line
The command line should include the following four elements in order: the directory of the executable file, the command, the directory of the input file and the directory of the output file. As for the command that can be used to set PDF subject, it is -subject <string>. The angle brackets are often used to enclose essential contents. string refers to character string, which should be enclosed by quotation marks “” in a command line.
For example, the following command line can be used to set “command line” as the PDF subject when convert RTF to PDF. You can substitute the directories of the files on your computer for the directories in the example. You can also change the character string after the command with whatever you like to be the PDF subject.
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -subject "command line" D:\in.rtf C:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe ----represents the executable file in the folder called htmltools on disk D.
- -subject "command line" ---- the command that can be used to set “command line” as the PDF subject.
- D:\in.rtf ---- represents the RTF file named in on disk D.
- C:\out.pdf ---- represents the PDF file named out on disk C. The file extension of the input file and output file can tell the computer to convert RTF to PDF.
3. Press “Enter”
As you press the “Enter” key, the computer will prompt to convert RTF to PDF. Meanwhile, you can view the conversion status information in the command prompt window. Once “result =OK” is displayed in the command prompt window, you can check the PDF subject in the “Properties” dialog box of the PDF file. If you want to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command line, please click Purchase.