Adding PDF passwords is a common way tofiles. However, not all the password-protected PDF files are safe. If your passwords are not highly encrypted, or too simple, it would be easy for digital thieves to steal and massively copy your PDF files. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line provides multiple options for you to set password, key length and encryption to prevent your PDF files from being read, copied, modified, edited, printed, etc.
With the help of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, it is easy to convertand . As a stand-alone application, VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line does not require any Adobe product like Adobe Acrobat on your computer. It’s unnecessary for you to open the PDF files before conversion from . You can download it by clicking Command Line. What you need to do is just open the command prompt window, type in it and press Enter. The following will show the steps in detail.
1.Open the command prompt window
In Windows XP, you can open the command prompt window as follows:Click Start, > click Run, > type “cmd”, > and click “OK”.
2. Type aand press Enter
The following is a basic usage of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line:
- htmltools [options] < HTML file > [<PDF file>]
The options below can be used to. They are for password, key length and encryption setting.
- -openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
- -encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- -encryption 32: No commenting
- ===128 bit encryption only -> ignored if 40 bit encryption is used
- -encryption 256: Deny FillInFormFields
- -encryption 512: Deny ExtractObj
- -encryption 1024: Deny Assemble
- -encryption 2048: Disable high res. printing
For example, If you want to set an owner password to deny copying of contents, you can type a command line as following:
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "theking" -keylen 2 –encryption 16 d:\in.html c:\out.pdf
If you want to set an open password, you can type a command line as following in the command prompt window:
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "harrypoter" -keylen 2 d:\in.html c:\out.pdf
If you want to convert documents and set passwords in batch, you can use the wildcard * to represent all the files in a folder or on a disk. For example,
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "fairlady” -keylen 2 d:\*.html c:\*.pdf
After you type a command line according to your need please press Enteron the keyboard. When “result =OK” is displayed on the command prompt window, that means you have successfully converted HTML to PDF and added a highly encrypted password on the PDF file.
The free trial version can only be used for 50 times. If you want to buy the full version, please click Purchase.