There are multiple ways to convert RTF to PDF and edit PDF author.
1. Normally, you can convert RTF to PDF first, and then edit PDF author.
1.1 Convert RTF to PDF: It’s easy to convert RTF to PDF. The following are two ways to convert RTF to PDF.
- a. Google “RTF to PDF” on the internet, you can find a lot of free document converters that may help you convert RTF to PDF.
- b. Or if you have Office 2010, you can use Word 2010 to convert RTF to PDF, just do as follows: use Word 2010 to open the RTF file, > click File, >click Save As to open the Save As dialog box, >In the Save As dialog box, select PDF in the Save as type combo box, > click Save.
1.2. Edit PDF author: After you create a PDF file from a RTF file, you can edit PDF author as follows: right click the icon of the PDF file, > click Properties to open the Properties dialog box, > click the tab PDF, > edit PDF author in the Author edit box,> click OK.
However, if you don’t have any Adobe product, it may be difficult to edit PDF author. If you want to convert many RTF files to PDF, the above methods may require much time. So, if you don’t have any Adobe product on your computer, if you don’t want to open the RTF file or files, if you want to convert RTF to PDF and edit PDF author in batch, you are going to need VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.
2. The most effective way is to use VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to help you convert RTF to PDF and edit PDF author. Three steps are required.
2.1. Click VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line to download it.
2.2. Open the command prompt window: Click Start, > click Run to open the Run dialog box, > type cmd, > click OK.
2.3. Type aand press Enter
The basic usage of thisapplication is: htmltools [options] <EMF-WMF-HTML-URL-RTF-file> [<PDF-PS-Image-file>]. Because you want to edit PDF author, the option should be -author <string>; because you want to convert RTF to PDF, the file extension of the input file should be .rtf, and the output file extension should be .pdf. When you type a command line, please refer to the following pattern: htmltools [-author <string>] <RTFfile> [<PDF file>].For example,
D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -author "rtf2pdf" c:\in.rtf d:\out.pdf
- D:\htmltools\htmltools.exe represents the executable file which is placed in the folder named htmltools, and here this folder is on disk D.
- -author " rtf2pdf " is the option that can be used to edit PDF author. rtf2pdf is defined as PDF author.
- c:\in.rtf represents the input RTF file on disk C.
- d:\out.pdf represents the output PDF files on disk D
After you type a command line, please press Enter.
To buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click Purchase.