Usually, you can use two types of passwords tofile when you convert : owner passwords which can be used to prevent the contents of PDF files from being printed, extracted, copied, and modified, and open passwords which prevents the PDF files from being opened and read.
VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line can help you set owner passwords and open passwords via when you convert . In addition, VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line supports URL, which means you can type a website address in the without visiting the website and saving the web page on your computer first. Moreover, VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line provides options to set key length and encryption to help you .
With the help of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can quickly and easily convert URL to PDF and VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line. After you install this application on your computer, please follow the steps below to try to solve your problem.in only two steps. To download this application, please click
1. Open the command prompt interface
To open the command prompt interface, please do as follows:
- click Start on the left side of the task bar
- select Run from the Start menu to open the Run dialog box
- type “cmd” in the Run dialog box.
- press OK.
2. Type a
When the command prompt interface pops out, you can type a command line in it, depending on the following basic usage of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line: htmltools [options] < URL > [<PDF file>]. With regarding to options, the following are some related options that can help you protect PDF.
- -openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
- -encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- -encryption 32: No commenting
For example, the following command line can be used to generate an open password protected PDF file from the homepage of VeryPDF. The open password is set to be “fly”, and the key length is set to be 238 bit.
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "fly” -keylen 2 www.verypdf.com c:\out.pdf
For another example, if you don’t want others to add any comment, you can set an owner password as follows:
d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "fly” -keylen 2 -encryption 32 www.verypdf.com c:\out.pdf
After you type a command line, please click Enter. You can try the free trial version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line for multiple times. If you want to get the full version of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click full version.