Adding passwords is a common way to. You can set an open password to restrict the opening of a PDF file and set an own password to prevent the PDF file from being copied, modified, and printed by those who do not have the owner password. However, adding simple passwords may be not enough to . When you add password, you’d better set key length at the same time. When you set owner password, you can also set encryption options.
VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line provides multiple options to VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.as convert . VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line allows you to type the website address in a . It does not require Adobe environment. And it also supports batch conversion. By means of VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, you can quickly convert and protect PDF in batch via . To download this application, please click
After you install theapplication on your computer, please take the following two steps to convert and protect PDF:
1. Run the Command Prompt
In Windows XP, you can run the Command Prompt as follows: click Start and then select Command Prompt from the Start menu. Or you can click Start, > select Run, > type “cmd”, > and click OK. The illustration below displays the two ways to run the Command Prompt.
2. Type a command line and press Enter
The following basic usage may help you know how to what should be included in a command line:
htmltools [options] < web page> [<PDF file>]
Some related options are listed below. If you want to see more options, you can type the whole directory of the executable file called in the Command Prompt.
- -openpwd <string> : Set 'open password' to PDF file
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only-encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- -encryption 32: No commenting
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
The following is an example about how to convert web page to PDF and protect PDF by setting open password and key length：
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -openpwd "001dog” -keylen 2 www.verypdf.com c:\out.pdf
More examples are as follows:
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "ie” -keylen 1 -encryption 32 www.google.com c:\out.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "ieb” -keylen 2 -encryption 16 www.google.com c:\out.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "bo” -keylen 0 -encryption 3900 www.google.com c:\out.pdf
If you want to convert web pages to open-password protected PDF files in batch, you can do as follows:Create a text file, > type command lines in the text file,> close the text file and change the file extension from TXT to BAT, > double click the BAT file to start processing.
You can try the free trial version for 50 times. If you want to get the full version and get more information, please click full version to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line.