Because simple passwords are easy to be decrypted, sometimes you may need towhen you set password to protect your PDF files. VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, a stand-alone application, provides multiple options to , set password, set keylength, etc. to help you prevent your PDF files being printed, copied, and modified by unauthorized users.
VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line does not require Adobe environment and any third party application. It supports batch conversion. So you can easily and quickly convert WMF files to PDF files andfiles in batch via a single .
Please download VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, and install it on your computer. Then, you can follow the steps below to convert WMF to PDF and encrypt PDF.
Step 1. open the command prompt window
In Windows XP, you can take four little steps to open the command prompt window: click Start, > select Run from the Start menu, > type “cmd” > click OK.
Step 2. type a command line
Please type a command line in the command prompt window, according to the following basic usage and some related options:
- Usage: htmltools [options] < WMF file > [<PDF file>]
- -ownerpwd <string> : Set 'owner password' to PDF file
- -keylen <int> : Key length (40 or 128 bit)
- -keylen 0: 40 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 3 or higher)
- -keylen 1: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 5 or higher)
- -keylen 2: 128 bit RC4 encryption (Acrobat 6 or higher)
- -encryption <int> : Restrictions
- -encryption 0: Encrypt the file only
- -encryption 3900: Deny anything
- -encryption 4: Deny printing
- -encryption 8: Deny modification of contents
- -encryption 16: Deny copying of contents
- -encryption 32: No commenting
- ===128 bit encryption only -> ignored if 40 bit encryption is used
- -encryption 256: Deny FillInFormFields
- -encryption 512: Deny ExtractObj
- -encryption 1024: Deny Assemble
- -encryption 2048: Disable high res. printing
- -encryption 4096: Do not encrypt metadata
Example 1. d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "skite” -keylen 2 -encryption 16 c:\in.wmf d:\out.pdf
- d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe stands for the executable file.
- -ownerpwd "skite” is the option that can be used to set an owner password.
- -keylen 2 is an option that can be used to set key length as 128 bit RC4 encryption.
- -encryption 16 is the option that can encrypt PDF and preventing the contents from being copied. All the three options must appear when you encrypt PDF.
- c:\in.wmf is the directory of the input file.
- d:\out.pdf is the directory of the output file.
If you want to convert WMF to PDF and encrypt PDF in batch, you can use * to represent all the files in a folder or on a disk.
Example 2. d:\htmltools\htmltools.exe -ownerpwd "skite” -keylen 2 -encryption 16 c:\*.wmf d:\*.pdf
Now please type a command line, depending on your own computer, and press Enter to start conversion from WMF to PDF. You can free use the free trial version for 50 times, if you want to buy VeryPDF HTML Converter Command Line, please click full version.