Before fax documents to others, you have to convert the documents such as document created by Office to fax compatible files. VeryPDF Document Converter (docPrint Pro) can help you quickly convert such documents to fax. Document Converter provides four applications among which, docPrint Pro Command line is the one that can help you uses to convert Office to fax compatible files without opening the original documents.
To get docPrint Pro Command line, please click here to download VeryPDF Document Converter and install the converter on your computer. docPrint Pro Command line is the executable file named doc2pdf.exe in the installation folder. The following is the instruction on how to use it to convert Office to fax by :
Firstly, you should open a command prompt window.
- If you want to open a command prompt window in Vista or Windows 7, please Open the Start menu by clicking the Start button, and then type cmd in the Start menu search box and press Enter.
- If you want to open a command prompt window in Windows XP, please open the Start menu and then click Command Prompt.
Secondly, you should type a command line according to the following usage of docPrint Pro Command line:
doc2pdf [options] <-i Document Files> [-o Output]
To get compressed TIFF files which are Fax compatible files, you are going to use the option –c parameter with a proper value.
-c 2 : CCITT modified Huffman RLE
-c 3 : CCITT Group 3 fax encoding (1d)
-c 4 : CCITT Group 4 fax encoding
-c 5 : LZW compression
-c 6 : OJPEG compression
-c 7 : JPEG DCT compression
-c 32773 : PACKBITS compression
-c 32809 : THUNDERSCAN compression
-c 88880 : 204x98 G4 ClassF TIFF
-c 88881 : 204x196 G4 ClassF TIFF
-c 88882 : 204x98 G3 ClassF TIFF
-c 88883 : 204x196 G3 ClassF TIFF
-c 88884 : CCITT Group 3 fax encoding (2d)
- doc2pdf.exe -c 88883 -i C:\*.docx -o D:\*.tiff
- doc2pdf.exe -c 88880 -i C:\*.pptx -o D:\*.tiff
- doc2pdf.exe -c 4 -i C:\in.doc -o D:\out.tiff
- doc2pdf.exe -c 3 -i C:\in.xlsx -o D:\out.tiff
Please type a command line with the proper option on the command prompt window and press Enter. If you are interested in other features of docPrint Pro Command line, please visit http://verypdf.com/artprint/index.html