Thanks to VeryPDF Document Converter, I can always quickly convert any type of MS Office documents to other formats such as PS. In this article, I would like to share some tips with you and show you the way I use to convert Office to PS without opening the documents.
Before start, please allow me to briefly introduce VeryPDF Document Converter. VeryPDF Document Converter is also named docPrint Pro. It contains aapplication entitled docPrint Pro Command Line and a GUI application. The former one is the tool I am going to use. Please follow me and take the two steps as follows to convert Office to PS by .
Firstly, please open a command prompt window. Since I am a Windows XP user, I would like to introduce three ways open a command prompt in XP:
- The quickest way is to click Start and then click Command Prompt Window on the Start menu.
- You can also do as follows: click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and click Command Prompt.
- My favorite way is to click Start, click Run on the Start menu, type cmd and click Ok in the Run dialog box.
Secondly, when the command prompt window appears on the desktop, please type aaccording to the following syntax:
doc2pdf [options] <-i Document Files> [-o Output]
Taking the following command line as an example,
"C:\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" -i C:\in.docx -o E:\out.ps
- "C:\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe"—call the executable file
- -i—stands for input, and it requires an input path.
- C:\in.docx—the input path. According to the file extension, the input file is a DOCX file created by MS Office Word (2007 or 2010). You can also convert any other types of files that are created by MS Office like DOC, XLS, XLSX, PPT and PPTX.
- -o—refers to output, and it requires an output path.
- E:\out.ps—the output path. And the file extension shows that the output format is PS.
You can also convert multiple files created by MS Office to PS in batches. Just use the wildcard * to represents files of the same type like in the following example: "C:\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" -i C:\*.ppt -o E:\*.ps. Please type your command line according to your computer, and then press Enter.
This is the method I usually use to convert Office to PS in bathes. I hope VeryPDF Document Converter can also help you solve your problems.