When you create a new PDF document, you may need to set some properties for the PDF document such as tile, author, subject and keyword and so on. With the help of the command line application Metafile to PDF Converter Command Line, you can easily convertdocument and set pdf property at same time in the conversion process.
You can download Metafile to PDF Converter Command Line at http://www.verypdf.com/tif2pdf/image2pdf_emf2pdf_cmd.zip for obtaining the free trial version. Then you just need to unzip the ZIP file to some location of your computer for using it with any installation steps. The one you will use in the conversion from is the executable file emf2pdf.exe in the package.
Metafile to PDF Converter Command Line is mainly designed for server and software developer. If you want the command line application run on a server, you should choose the server license. If you are a software developer and want to use it to develop your own applications, you can buy the developer license.
Then you are able to convertand set pdf property. There are three steps in total and you will master them quickly.
Step1. Please open MS-DOS interface for you will input the command line into MS-DOS interface. There are two given ways for your choice and you can choose any one of them. The first one is to use the hot key “Window”+ “R” to open “Run” dialog box and input “CMD” or “cmd” in “Open” combo box and click “OK” button. The second way is to click “Start”—“Run” to open “Run” dialog box. Of course, you can also use your own way to open MS-DOS interface.
Step2. Please input the command line into MS-DOS interface. There is a command line template for your reference.
emf2pdf.exe -author "Nancy" C:\in.emf C:\out.pdf
In the template,
- emf2pdf.exe stands for called program.
- -author "Nancy" stands for the parameter for setting PDF author.
- C:\in.emf stands for source file.
- C:\out.pdf stands for the target file.
Then you can see the following command line example which is the application to the template above.
"C:\Program Files\image2pdf_emf2pdf_cmd3.2\emf2pdf.exe" –author “Nancy” "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\file1.wmf" C:file2.pdf
In the command line,
- "C:\Program Files\image2pdf_emf2pdf_cmd3.2\emf2pdf.exe" stands for the path of the called program. If you don’t wan to input the path word by word, you can drag the file from its folder to the command line interface.
- –author “Nancy” is the parameter for setting PDF author.
- "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\file1.wmf" is the path of source file.
- C:file2.pdf is the path of target file.
For setting other PDF properties, you can also refer to the following commands:
- -subject <string> : Set 'subject' to PDF file
- -title <string> : Set 'title' to PDF file
- -keywords <string> : Set 'keywords' to PDF file
Step3. Please run the conversion from wmf to pdf by clicking “Enter” button. Then the conversion will come to the end several seconds later. Please click the link: http://www.verypdf.com/app/metafile-to-pdf-converter/index.html to enter the homepage of the application.