There is a development package named as Mini EMF Printer Driver which is designed for software developers for developing software to realize the function of printing any printable documents to image formats in their own applications. If you want to convert pdf to image, you can use the command line application in Mini EMF Printer Driver.
The command line application in the development package is named as MiniPrint.exe which is able to convert DOC, PPT, XLS, RTF, PDF, VSD files to EMF, WMF and BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, TGA etc. files. To run the command line application, you need to call it in MS-DOS command line window.
But you need to click here for downloading Mini EMF Printer Driver if you want to use the command line application. The development package also supplies the developer license for you at http://www.verypdf.com/order_miniemfprinter.html. You just need to purchase it for one time and you can develop or distribute your own applications developed with Mini EMF Printer Driver for free. You can also redistribute the related components about Mini EMF Printer Driver to your applications without any limitations.
To convert pdf to image format in the command line, you need to do as follows. There are three steps for you to follow.
1. Please open MS-DOS command line window.
Please click “Start”—“Run” to open the dialog box in which you should input “cmd” in “Open” combo box and click “OK” button. You can also use the hot key “Window”+ “R” to open “Run” dialog box. Please see “Run” dialog box in Figure 1.
2. Input command line in MS-DOS command line window.
There is a basic command line template about converting pdf to image for your reference. Please see it below.
miniprint.exe C:\in.pdf C:\out\out.emf
We take EMF as the example of output image format.
You can input your own commands in the window. Please see the following example in the command line window which is shown in Figure 2.
The commands are
“C:\Program Files\VeryPDF Mini EMF Printer v2.0\emf_printer_driver\miniprint.exe” “C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\pdf\she.pdf” c:output.emf
(1) “C:\Program Files\VeryPDF Mini EMF Printer v2.0\emf_printer_driver\miniprint.exe” is the directory of the command line applicaion MiniPrint.exe. You don’t need to input the directory yourself into the window. The best convenient way is to drag the file you need into the window.
(2) “C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\demo\pdf\she.pdf” stands for the absolute path of input PDF document, which can also be dragged.
(3) c:output.emf stands for the absolute path and name of the target file.
3. Find the target file.
When the conversion from pdf to image is over, you can find the target file in the location you have just specified in command line window.
If you want to know more about the command line application of Mini EMF Printer Driver, please click the following link: http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/mini-emf-printer-driver.htm.