If you use doc2pdf.exe which is a command line application as your helper, you can convert the document ofand for the target file easily for only three steps are required and you just need to input some easy commands into MS-DOS prompt window.
Before knowing how doc2pdf.exe works, you should know what it is. In fact, the command line application doc2pdf.exe is one application of Document Converter. As a document converter, doc2pdf.exe can convert any printable documents to image formats and set parameters to the target file. As a software developer helper, it can be used to develop new applications.
Document Converter is a powerful document converter which is able to convert any printable documents to image formats. It offers three internal applications to you: command line application which we have mentioned above, GUI application which is good at batch conversion and the virtual printer application which can be used to save paper and ink.
To use doc2pdf.exe to convert http://www.verypdf.com/artprint/docprint_pro_setup.exe and install it on your computer.and , you need to download the setup file of it at
Then please see the conversion steps below.
1. Just open MS-DOS prompt window at first for you need to input the command line into it. You can use one of the following ways to open the prompt window. The first one is to click “Start”—“Run” to open “Run” dialog box and input “cmd” or “CMD” in “Open” combo box. Then please click on “OK” button. The second one is to use the hot key “Window”+ “R” to open “Run” dialog box. Of course, you can also use some other your own way to open MS-DOS prompt window.
2. The command line which to be inputted into MS-DOS interface is consisted of four parts—called program which is the command line application doc2pdf.exe, parameter which is for setting page orientation, source file which is the one you want to convert and the target file which is the file you want to get.
When you input the command line, you need to use the path of each file. Please see the following command line example for you better understanding.
"C:\Program Files\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" –o 1 -i "C:\Documents and Settings\TEST.odt" -o C:\TEST.pdf
- "C:\Program Files\docPrint Pro v5.0\doc2pdf.exe" is the path of doc2pdf.exe. To get the path of the file, you can drag the file you need into MS-DOS prompt window directly.
- –o 1 is the parameter for setting page orientation, which is for setting portrait mode. The value “2” is for setting landscape mode.
- -i "C:\Documents and Settings\TEST.odt" is the path of source file.
- -o C:\TEST.pdf is the path of target file and this one must be set by yourself.
3. Please click “Enter” button to run the conversion from the document of ODT to PDF and you need to browse the target file when the conversion is over.