What’s the difference between user password and owner password?
A PDF file may be encrypted for security, or digitally signed for authentication.
The standard security provided by Acrobat PDF consists of two different methods and two different passwords, "user password", which encrypts the file and prevents opening, and "owner password", which specifies operations that should be restricted even when the document is decrypted, which can include: printing, copying text and graphics out of the document, modifying the document, or adding or modifying text notes and AcroForm fields. The "user password" (controls opening) encrypts the file and requires password cracking to defeat, with difficulty depending on password strength and encryption method – it is potentially very secure (assuming good password and encryption method without known attacks). The "owner password" (controls operations) does not encrypt the file, and instead relies on client software to respect these restrictions, and is not secure.
Portable Document Format Security:
- Query regarding the saving of PDF file
- How to convert Webpage to JPEG?
- How to convert image French PDF to Excel
- View PDF file without Acrobat Reader installed
- How to compress image to JPEG2000 to reduce pdf size
- VeryPDF Cloud API Platform :: Advanced PDF Tools Cloud API :: Stamp PDF, Rotate PDF, Set PDF Metadata, Set PDF Version Number, Set PDF Info, Set PDF Viewer Preferences, Resize PDF Pages, Set Custom Fields, etc.
- Can I delete all comments on current page at one time in docPrint preview application?
- How to convert documents of HTML to JBG?
- Text Content not showing up in PDF Editor product
- How to convert documents of MS PowerPoint to postscript?
- PDF Online DRM Security :: PDF Copyright Protection with Digital Rights Management
- How to use wildcard character to batch encrypt all PDF files in a folder by encryptpdf command line application?
- What’s the difference between user password and owner password?
- VeryPDF PDF Security, Encrypt PDF files by PDF Security software, add Electronic Signatures to PDF files, add Digital Signatures to PDF files
- Adobe Reader or Acrobat displays a "At least one signature has problems" message when signed PDF is opened. Signature validity is UNKNOWN. Signer's identity is unknown.
This entry was posted in PDF Security
. Bookmark the permalink