VeryPDF PDF Page Cut can help you cut PDF pages into multiple parts. You can use it to cut PDF pages and reorder the result pages. VeryPDF PDF Page Cut provides both a GUI version and a CMD version. The CMD version, as a free gift, is included in the GUI install package. This tool is really helpful when you have a PDF with pages that is too wide or high to be read on your iPad, iPhone, or other mobile devices. For example, If you want to divide the PDF page as below into two pages, you can use PDF Page Cut .
VeryPDF PDF Page Cut can run well under both Windows and Mac operating systems. This article only introduces how to use VeryPDF PDF Page Cut under the Windows OS. It contains two parts: Part A introduces the usage and options. Part B shows how to take three steps to cut PDF pages.
Part A Usage and Options
Usage: pdfcut [options] <input file> <output file>
1. -p <int> : can be used to set page range. For example, if you want to cut only the pages 4,6,9-11, you can use the option -p 4,6,9-11.
2. -h <int,int,…> : can be used to mark horizontal cut lines on each page in terms of percentage (<0<int<100). If you want to cut pages into multiple slices as below, you can can use the option like –h -33,75.
3. -v <int,int,…> : Put vertical cut lines on each page in terms of percentage (<0<int<100). For example, if you want to cut pages into two as the above picture shows, you can use the option -h 33,80. You can also mark lots of vertical cut lines on the pages,
4. -rebt : Collect the result slices from bottom to top. You need to use it with -h. For example,
5. -rerl : Collect each page’s slices from right to left. Used with -v. For exmaple,
6. -re <int> : Collect slices when use with -h and -v together.
1 : Collect slices row by row. For each row, from left to right. For example, if you use –re 1, the page slices will be collected in the following order:
7. -$ <regcode> : Register with a registration code. After you purchase the GUI version, two registration codes will be sent to you. One is for the version and the other is for the GUI version. To register the command line version, please use the option like this, -$ dffooffddfggg
Part B How to use ?
This part introduces how to take only three steps to cut PDF pages:
VeryPDF PDF Page Cut is now under testing. If you want to get the beta version, you can contact the support group of VeryPDF by sending an email to email@example.com.
To open the command prompt, please click Start to open the Start menu, > click Run on the Start menu, > type cmd in the Run dialog box and click Ok.
When the command prompt appears, please type alike the following one in it.
pdfcut.exe -p 1-5,8 -h 10,25,30 -v 10 -re 2 input.pdf output.pdf
pdfcut.exe –the executable file of PDF Page Cut
-p 1-5,8—only cut pages from 1 to 5 and the page 8.
-h 10,25,30 -v 10 –cut each page into 8 parts.
-re 2—collect the small parts column by column.
input.pdf –input file.
The following are some other examples:
1. To cut each page of pages 1-5,6,9 into 8 parts:
pdfcut -p 1-5,6,9 -h 10,25,30 -v 10 input.pdf _phv.pdf
2. To cut page 6 and page 9 into three parts respectively:
pdfcut -p 6,9 -h 40,80 -rebt input.pdf _rebt.pdf
3. To cut every page into four parts and collect the parts of each page from right to left respectively:
pdfcut -v 10,30,60 -rerl input.pdf _rerl.pdf
4. To cut every PDF page into eight parts:
pdfcut -h 10,25,30 -v 10 input.pdf _hv.pdf
5. To cut every page into two parts. Then, collect the parts of each page from right to left:
pdfcut -h 10,25,30 -v 10 -re 2 input.pdf _pvre.pdf