This article shares some tips with you on how to use the threshold tool, one of the advanced OCR tools provided by VeryPDF Table Extractor OCR. The thresh tool is useful when the background under the text layer is not white, or when the text is color instead of black. Changing the threshold value can change color PDF or images into black and white.
You can find the threshold tool in the Advanced OCR dialog box which looks like the following illustration. Just drag the button on the horizontal slider to change the threshold value. You can view the value in the edit box above and preview the effects on the main interface simultaneously.
When the input file is not monochromic, for example, when the background is an image, you can adjust the threshold value to turn the color image or PDF into a black and white file. The first is a PNG image.
· Before—the original input image
· After—the result after changing the threshold value.
The next article is about how to use the rotation tools, another useful table OCR tool. If you want to try VeryPDF Table Extractor OCR, please feel free to contact the Support Group of VeryPDF.
- I want to draw a region around the field (invoice number, invoice amount, invoice date …) to get its coordinates (x,y,width,height), and then OCR this field from command line.
- How to extract text from PDF with positions? How to call PDF Editor Toolkit Pro SDK from VBA source code?
- How to import a table from PDF into Excel? Table Data Extractor Crash, Extract Data (Records) From PDF Table and Save to Excel, Data Extraction from PDF, Extract Tables from PDF, Accurately extract tables from PDFs
- How to extract text or recognize text from documents by cloud API?
- How to extract columns of text from a PDF file by OCR command line application?
- How to analyze PDF format and extract text and images separately?
- How to extract text from scan multipage tiff file by command line?
- How to extract German text from tiff file?
- What can I do to convert image to text?
- Extract table from scanned PDF in low quality
- How to edit PDF OpenAction by command line
- Resize the window of pdf reader by using the Advanced PDF Tools
- How to remove pages from your pdf file via Advanced PDF Tools Command Line
- Remove private data to reduce pdf size
- Overwrite creation date in PDF using some application