In this article, I will show you a suit of stand-alone software which can be used to count PDF pages without Adobe Acrobat installed. It is named as VeryPDF Advanced PDF Tools, which can be used to edit PDF description, PDF custom description, PDF OpenAction options, PDF page view options, PDF metadata contents, and so on. But in this article, I will focus on its counting function.
First, download Advanced PDF Tools.
- In this article, I will take the GUI version for example. The command line version includes this function too, if you have any question about the command line version, please consult out support team.
- As it is the GUI version, simply download it and install it. After installation, there will be an icon on the desktop. Double click it then you can launch this software. The following snapshot is from software interface.
- You can drag the PDF file to the software interface or click the Open button to add PDF file.
- Click the added file then right click it then then there will be the drop-down list menu.
- Choose Show Files Info. Then you can get the following information.
- Up to here, it is not hard to find the PDF page information. In the example PDF file, the is 8.
- Meanwhile, PDF file name, PDF version, PDF Security, MediaBox, Keywords , Creator and other metadata all will be shown on the text file.
Question here: Could you please simplify the information, like I only want to know the page number and I do not need other information. If I want to do the batch counting and get the list of all the PDF file page number, can I do that by this software?
The answer is that now this software allows you to do the batch counting even if you want to count all the PDF files in a whole folder. But now it can not only extract some option. If some one needs that, we can customize it for you.