VeryPDF PDF to ePub Converter is a powerful ePub creator that can convert various file types including PDF, HTML, DOC(X), PPT(X), XLS(X), RTF, TXT, CHM, JP(E)G, PNG, BMP, TIF(F), and GIF to ePub files that can be viewed on iPad and iPhone. In addition, you can set text color and background color for the created ePub files.
The following contents will show you how to convert a PDF document to ePub and customize text color and background color.
1. Please free download VeryPDF PDF to ePub Converter at first. The downloaded file is a ZIP file, so please unzip it to a local folder on your computer disk as normal. In the unzipped package, you can find an executable file named epubconverter.exe which is the called program in the MS-DOS command prompt window.
2. Please open the MS-DOS command prompt window in which you can input commands. Then, please input your commands referring to the command line template shown below:
epubconverter [options] <pdf-file> [<epub-file>]
In the above template:
- epubconverter: call the program- epubconverter.exe.
- [options]: set options for the conversion.
- <pdf-file>: specify the source file.
- [<epub-file>]: specify the target ePub file.
To set text color and background color for the created ePub, please use the following two options.
- -tcolor <string> :set the text color of ePub file.
- -bcolor <string> : set the background color of ePub file.
To make you better understand the above command line template the two options, you can see the following example.
D:\verypdf-pdf-to-epub-converter\epubconverter.exe -tcolor #000000 -bcolor #0070C0 input.pdf output.epub “D:\catalog.pdf” “E:\catalog.epub”
This example is to convert the PDF document catalog.pdf to catalog.epub and set text color and background color for the ePub file.
At last, please hit the Enter button on the keyboard to run the commands.
After a while, you can get the desired ePub file in the folder you specify.
This application also supports to change cover, font size, etc. for the created ePub file. To know more about this application, please read the readme.txt document in the unzipped package.
This is the end of this article and you can get full version of VeryPDF PDF to ePub Converter here.