Please do not hesitate to read this article, which is about how towith text with command line.
VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Command Line, which is main processing tool at VeryPDF, helps Windows users edit PDF files, e.g., encrypting PDF files, flattening form PDF files, adding text information to output PDF file, etc., with parameters and command lines quickly and professionally. With this CMD tool, supported options on PDF files could be achieved, and additionally, both beginners and developers could have fun during adding required information to PDF with text, and in the following paragraphs, I will show you how to use this tool to add PDF information with text file:
Step1. Run command prompt window
After you get trial version VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Command Line, firstly, please run cmd.exe in your computer, then, targeting window, command prompt could be opened on screen directly.
Step2. Add information to PDF with text singly or in batches
In opened command prompt window, please firstly read the following related parameters:
- -setinfo : set metadata to PDF's Info dictionary
- -setinfoutf8 : set UTF-8 metadata to PDF's Info dictionary
- -attachfile : pack arbitrary files into a PDF using PDF's file
Then, after understand parameters mentioned above, you can refer to the following examples separately to accomplish related processes singly or in batches:
- pdftoolbox.exe in.pdf -setinfo in.txt -outfile out.pdf
- pdftoolbox.exe pdftoolbox sample_in1.pdf -setinfoutf8 "info-sample.txt" -outfile "_setinfoutf8_out.pdf"
- pdftoolbox sample_in1.pdf -attachfile sample_fillform.pdf -outfile _attachfile_out.pdf
The following snapshot is about “info-sample.txt” for setting UTF-8 metadata to PDF Info dictionary:
After typing in command prompt as above, related process could be started with one click on enter.
- In batches
- Create an BAT file > type command lines and related parameters in it > save them > close this BAT file > double-click file icon so that batch process could be started, and finally, output PDF files could be located in targeting folder, with specific added information you set; here is snapshot about filled BAT file below:
Finally, no matter you process single task or batch tasks one time, VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Command Line can exactly add specific information to targeting PDF files as you expect, and here are snapshots about output PDF files with specific information:
- PDF with attached file
- PDF with set UTF-8 metadata to PDF's Info dictionary
In the end, if you still have questions on how to use VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Command Line to add information with text to output PDF singly or in batches, please contact us with comments left here. And if you want to own this tool for good, please purchase VeryPDF PDF Toolbox Command Line.