When surfing from the Internet, you may or always meet files with extension of .ps but you can not open it. Then you may can not help wondering that what this format is and how can I open it? No matter you have suffered or not by this file format, please read this article to know a little more about this file format. PS is the file extension of PostScript.
What is PostScript?
PostScript is professional programming language, designed for printing image and fonts. It is best known for its use as a page description language in the electronic and desktop publishing areas. It is possible to write computer programs in PostScript just like any other programming language. It sounds like nothing related with your work. However, when come to printing, we may come across the word “Postscript.” Unless you’re a computer scientist, it can be confusing to look up “Postscript” and learn that it’s a “concatenative programming language” only to find you have even more confusing words to look up.
So if you do not want to waste too much time on it, why notfile then you do not need to know what PostScript is but you can read the content in it.
- This software is command line version. However,even if you are not familiar with command line software, you can also handle this one as it is extremely easy to us.
- For downloading and uploading easily,we compressed this software to zip file. So after downloading, please extract it to some folder and then check elements in it.
Second, extract text from PostScript following usage.
Usage: ps2txt.exe [options] [Options] <PS Files>-firstpage <int> : first page to print, from 1 to max page
-lastpage <int> : last page to print, from 1 to max page
-nolayout : don't maintain original physical layout
-nopgbreak : don't insert page breaks between pages
-$ <string> : input registration key
- When you need to extract text part from all pages of PS file, please use the following command line.
ps2txt.exe C:\input.ps C:\output.txt
- When you need to specify the page range, please use the following command line. The following command line means that extract fonts from 1-10 pages.
ps2txt.exe -lastpage 10 C:\input.ps C:\output.txt
- When you need to cancel all the layout and format, please use the following command line.
ps2txt.exe -nolayout C:\input.ps C:\output.txt
During the using, if you have any question of extracting text from PostScript, please contact us as soon as possible.