In the market, there are lots of software for you to choose when merging PDF files. And maybe there are few which can be used to merge secured PDF file directly. VeryPDF PDF Toolbox has such function that it can merge secured PDF file directly by command line. In the following part, I will show you how to use this function.
Step 1. Download PDF Toolbox
- Please make sure download the Windows version as there are three versions available for you to choose. And once downloading finishes, please extract the zip file to some folder then you can find the executable file.
- There are three folders in the extracted folder, please check software function by running bat files in the text folder. In the doc folder, there is one readme file which includes all the parameters of this software. You can find the executable file in bin folder.
Step 2. Merge secured PDF
- Usage:pdftoolbox <input files> [options] <-outfile output >
When you need to merge secured PDF file, please refer to the following command line template.
pdftoolbox A=secured.pdf 2.pdf -inputpassword A=foopass -merge -outfile 3.pdf
- A stands for the secured PDF file, 2.pdf is a common PDF file. Please input the password of A by this way:A=foopass and then order this software to
-inputpassword : this parameter was developed for removing open password when merge or decrypt PDF.
-merge : merge multiple PDF files into one PDF file. You can use handles and handle arguments to specify page ranges, rotate pages, change order when .
- Please note when you merge secured PDF file, the syntax must go like above command line. Deduce from this function, this software also can be used to decrypt secured PDF file. And when you need to decrypt a PDF, please refer to the following template.
pdftoolbox secured.pdf -inputpassword foopass -outfile unsecured.pdf
By this function, you can merge secured PDF with normal PDF file in one command line by this one software. And this software also can be used to merge PDF file in many other aspects, like merge specified pages from one PDF with anther, merge odd pages from A PDF file and even pages from B page file. This software has too numerous functions to be listed here. If you need to check more, please find in the readme.txt file.
This software works under three platforms with this function:Mac, Linux and Windows. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.