VeryPDF PDFprinter allows you to print Office file to printer directly and set printing options. During the printing job, if you need to add watermark for the output, this software also can help you do that. When you need to set watermark, this software can help you control text watermark color, size, style and others. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software to print Office file and add watermark.
Step 1. Install PDFprint
- This software is command line version so you can call it together with other applications like VB, VC and others. But please use it under Windows platforms.
- Once downloading finishes, there will be an zip file. Please extract it to some folder then you can find the executable file, readme.txt and other necessary elements.
Step 2.file to Print directly
- Own this software, you can print all the common files to printer then print them directly from script. By this software, you even if can do the printing job from remote processing.
- Please use this software according to the usage and example, or the conversion job may fail.
Usage:pdfprint.exe [options] [Options] <PDF Files> In the following part, I will take virtual printer docPrint for example.
Please do the printing job following these examples.
Print MS Office, TXT, HTML files:
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -paper "612x792pt" -orient 2 C:\input.doc
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -paper "11x14in" -pdforient 3 C:\input.ppt
pdfprint.exe -printer "docPrint" -firstpage 1 -lastpage 1 C:\input.xls
Step 3. Add Watermark
- When you need to print office file and add watermark, please refer to the following command line templates.
Watermark options during printing:
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wtype 1 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wf "Arial" C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wh 200 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wb -wi -wu -ws C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wo 80 C:\input.pdf
pdfprint.exe -wtext "Watermark" -wo 80 -wa 75 C:\input.pdf
-wtext:this parameter is an order to specify the text which you need to use as watermark.
-wtype:this parameter is an order to specify the text watermark position. 0 is normal, 1 is on the header and 2 is on the footer.
-wf:this parameter can help you specify the font name of the watermark.
When you use those functions, please make sure that there is printer installed or else there will be xps file output. If you need to convert office file to PDF and add watermark, maybe you can install some virtual printers, the printing job also can be done successfully.
And I can not list all the details here, if you need to check more, please visit the readme.txt or the website. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.