When you need to extract content from scan image file by VeryPDF OCR to Any Converter Command Line, which allows you to batch extract content from scanned PDF, TIFF and Image files (JPEG, JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, PCX, TGA, PBM, PNM, PPM) to editable Text, or text based PDF. By this way, you do not need to type content in image file word by word to text files. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software., maybe you can have a free trial of software
Step 1. Download OCR to Any Converter
- There are two versions of this software stated on our website: sever version and developer version. If you would like to use it on computer or laptop, please download the sever version. By the developer version, you can integrate the corresponding SOFTWARE into your developed software and redistribute it with royalty-free.
- When downloading finishes, please unzip it then check the help document and find executable file.
Step 2. Convert scanby
- When run the conversion from , please refer to usage and examples.
- Usage: ocr2any.exe [options] <PDF-file> <Text-file>
- When you convert image to text by command line, please refer to the following command line templates.
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.pdf C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.png C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.tif C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.bmp C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.gif C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.jpg C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.pcx C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.tga C:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.pbmC:\out.txt
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 C:\in.ppm C:\out.txt
By the above command line, you can convert various image files to text, which means you can extract content in image file to text document.
When you need to do the conversion in batch, you can either use wild character or write bat file. Here are two examples for your reference.
for %F in (D:\temp\*.pdf) do ocr2any.exe -ocr2 -lang deu "%F" "%~dpnF.txt"
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 D:\temp\*.png D:\temp\*.rtf
ocr2any.exe -ocr2 D:\temp\*.tif D:\temp\*.txt
Please check related parameters from the following snapshot.
-ocr2 : when add this parameter, this software will use enhanced OCR module to convert scanned PDF and image files to RTF, DOC, TXT, CSV, Excel, HTML files
-ocr2aor : this parameter can help you detect page direction and rotate it automatically when -ocr2 used
-lang <string> : when converting image files with content expect English, please choose the language for OCR engine
When you need to launch OCR engine and specify some language, please download corresponding language package. Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot.
By this method, you can convert image files to editable text. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.