Question:How can i make my web form turn into a PDF? I have a website with a form for my customers to fill in. I would like the information they fill in to be turned into a PDF file. How can I do this?
Answer: According to your needs, maybe you can use software VeryPDF HTML Converter. This software can be used to convert any kinds of HTML file including website with form. In the following part, I will show you how to use this software.
- There are two versions of this software stated on our website. Here I will take the command line version for example as the GUI version is extremely easy to use.
- When downloading finishes, there will be a zip file, please unzip it and then check the elements in it. Now this software only works under Windows system.
Step 2. Convert website with form to PDF
- Usage: htmltools [options] <EMF-WMF-HTML-URL-RTF-file> [<PDF-PS-Image-file>]
- When you run the conversion, please refer to the usage and examples.
- I will take website http://www.verypdf.com/invoice/ for example. On this website, you can make invoice free like filling PDF form.
- When you convert website with form to PDF, please refer to the following command line templates.
htmltools.exe "http://www.verypdf.com" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe http://www.verypdf.com/invoice/ C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -webkit "http://www.verypdf.com" D:\out.pdf
By this software, you can convert online website with form to PDF directly.
- Meanwhile this software also can help you convert local HTML file with form to PDF, please refer to the following command line templates.
htmltools.exe -wtext "VeryPDF" "C:\in.html" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -wtext "VeryPDF" -wc "0000FF" "C:\in.html" C:\out.pdf
htmltools.exe -wtext "VeryPDF" -wx 100 -wy 100 "C:\in.html" C:\out.pdf
And after conversion, you can add watermark to output PDF file. Now let us check some related parameters:
-webkit : Use Webkit engine to render HTML file or URL to PDF file
-wf <string> : Font name of watermark
-wh <int> : Font size of watermark
-wb : Specify bold font
-wi : Specify an italic font
-wu : Specify an underlined font
-ws : Specify a strikeout font
-wa <int> : Angle of watermark
-wbox <string> : a rectangle to output formatted text, it is only useful for "-walign" option, eg:
And this parameter -webkit is quite important as it can help you keep all the layout and formats of HTML file to output PDF file. If you do not add this parameter, the output PDF file will turn to image PDF. Now let us check the conversion effect from the following snapshot. During the using, if you have any question, please contact us as soon as possible.